cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

Since this issue has been ongoing for over a year now, and I've been "suffering" the exact same problem for months... is there any chance someone at NowTV can admit that A) There is a problem, and B) You're going to fix it ?

My subscription is hanging on a very shaky nail right now. This is unacceptable when so many other providers can and do fulfill their contractual obligations. For the record, I'm on a 200Mbit fibre optic line; direct LAN, not wireless.

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

In order to help you, can you please provide the following information: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • Which NOW TV packages have you subscribed to (ie: Entertainment, Cinema, Kids, Sport)?
  • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
  • Are you running any form of VPN (Virtual Private Network)?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using a PC, and the spec is :

i7 4790K @ 4GHz

16GB PC3 1600MHz RAM

2 x 512GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD

AMD R290X 4GB video card @ 2560x1600 pixels

Dell U3014 IPS monitor

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I have subscribed to NowTV Entertainment package

I am on Virgin Media 200Mb fibre optic cable internet, on CAT6 connection to router.

I am not running any form of VPN

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sadly there are many topics regarding the same issues you're having within this Windows PCs & Laptops area of the forum...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Indeed. This is not looking promising. I suspect the end of this current season of *a certain popular programme* will signal a cancelled subscription. Very disappointing, mainly because it worked fine before, when I could use Firefox. This has only started happening (for me) with the forced move to the NowTV desktop app.