cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

JVC Fire TV

Hey there,

so the Now app was working totally fine on my JVC Fire Tv for the last year. On Friday I got a message saying it needed to be updated. I tried to with no success, so deleted and tried to reinstall. Now the app can't be found?

Is it a case of an app update that's not been released for my tv yet? Seems crazy thats it been working for a year, I've bought a pass now now the app isn't available?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Bit of a long shot what happens if you unplug the power to both your JVC Fire TV and Router for a minute ?

Also make sure the JVC Fire TV software is up to date.

I can see you have also mentioned Youview in the post label.

And if this is the case is the Youview box connected to the same JVC television and does the Youview box have the NOW App on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I tagged youview by mistake!

I will try the router thing, but to my eye it seems like an issue between Now and JVC / Amazon. Never had an issue with it before...

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

For the sake of a minute or two i would also unplug the power to your JVC television has well.

Then check for the NOW App (assuming your TV firmware is already up to date).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers mate, I gave this a try but no joy. Have reset tv to factory setting too and nothing.

The app cant be found in the app store, I think an update on one side or the another has goosed me!

Will have to be the tablet for now I guess

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Might sound stupid but is your Amazon account definitely a UK address? Assuming it uses your Amazon account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/watching-now-on-amazon-devices

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know if this is possible on the JVC Fire TV, but if you have a smartphone with internet mobile data on it, try temporary using the smartphone has a wifi hotspot with the television just to see if it can find the NOW App.

If no joy, then perhaps jump over to NOW live chat to see if they can figure out why the NOW App has totally disappeared from your JVC Fire TV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just noticed these tweets over on NOW Twitter (see screen shot below) with regards to the JVC Fire TV.

Screenshot_2022-03-08-21-31-02.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers pal, looks like its an issue they have flagged, hopefully they sort it asap

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah it looks like, where there has been more tweets from other customers about the NOW App on the JVC Fire TV since i took the screen shot.