cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsamm777
Mentor

Poor Image Quality

Watching the Formula 1 on catchup. I'm watching on PC (Windows). I have gigabit internet, and the image quality is poor. it looks like its 720p or something. Theres no options or settings in the player to choose stream quality, nor is there any way to see what resolution the stream playing is.

I only subscribed to Now TV recently so i can watch the formula 1, and i have been very dissapointed with the image quality.

How can this be improved? I expect at a very minimum 1080p. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @samsamm777 

Have a read of this linked NOW article about the streaming quality on different devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Even with Boost on a 1080p supported device the on Demand Sports is mainly 720p unless you see the HD icon symbol on the description about the on Demand Sports content.

What's more important to me is 50fps playback for sports which NOW on Demand Sports doesn't currently offer (only 25fps where there is more motion blur and less detail in fast moving scenes.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @samsamm777 

Have a read of this linked NOW article about the streaming quality on different devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Even with Boost on a 1080p supported device the on Demand Sports is mainly 720p unless you see the HD icon symbol on the description about the on Demand Sports content.

What's more important to me is 50fps playback for sports which NOW on Demand Sports doesn't currently offer (only 25fps where there is more motion blur and less detail in fast moving scenes.)

samsamm777
Mentor

Thanks for the reply and extra information @schnapps .

I will now cancel my subscription, and uninstall NowTV. 

I really dont understand how anyone could accept 720p as an acceptable resolution in 2022. Most people have 4k resolution monitors and TVs now. The fact that you even have to pay extra for 1080 is disgraceful.