cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound

Hi, I used a day pass for the first time on Saturday to watch the cup final. I had the game loaded on laptop but to get it onto a bigger screen I used a hdmi cable from the laptop to the TV. I got the picture on TV fine but only sound was coming from the laptop. I'm not very good with computers, I did have a play around with the sound setting on laptop and TV but couldn't get it working. Any idea what I need to do to get sound on the TV? Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, I used a day pass for the first time on Saturday to watch the cup final. I had the game loaded on laptop but to get it onto a bigger screen I used a hdmi cable from the laptop to the TV. I got the picture on TV fine but only sound was coming from the laptop. I'm not very good with computers, I did have a play around with the sound setting on laptop and TV but couldn't get it working. Any idea what I need to do to get sound on the TV? Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous User This seems like a setting issue and nothing too serious. What you have to do is right click on the volume buttton down the bottom right hand side of your Laptop. Then selcet 'Playback Devices'. Then all you've got to do is click the HDMI or Digital Output option and then click 'Set Default'. Then press ok and all your sound should go through the TV from then on.   

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is not working on my TV either- I have tried what you said and Youtube and other apps are playing fine through my laptop to TV but Now TV isn't. 

Please help.

Rachael

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

When you connect your laptop to your television and play say, a Youtube video. Can you hear any sound on your TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for repy Tony, I will give that a try next time the laptop is set up to the telly.

SeeMoreDigital, I have only used the link up from laptop to TV for the first time when watching the game on Saturday. I could give YouTube a try next time I link the laptop up to the telly. 

Thanks for your help!

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User Goodluck, let us know how you get on sure 🙂 Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Although I haven't bought anymore passes yet I did just link up the laptop to my TV and I tried playing a YouTube video via the laptop and had no sound coming out through the TV (laptop had sound). I right clicked on the sound icon and clicked on Playback Devices but there was no HDMI or digital output option. I had a look at the other tab settings but couldn't find anything. I took a screenshot of the playback devices window that popped up if that is any help:

sound.PNG

Any more suggestions for me please? Thanks!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Well something is not running correctly because when you connect your laptop to your television via HDMI, you shoulkd be seeing something like this: -

Capture.PNG

Out of interest, what's the make and model number of your TV. And how many HDMI ports does it have?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like it may be a setting on the TV then? The TV is Luxor and has 2 HDMI ports. I am not sure what the model number is but I can link you to where I bought it if that is any help? Luxor TV And that is quite annoying as I see it has reduced in price since I bought it, haha!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you tried plugging your laptop into both your TV's HDMI ports? You might have a faulty port!

Cheers