cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code f20000

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm using a Mac and I've tried different browsers (Safari, Firefox and Chrome)

Every time I try to watch a show, an error code f20000 is displayed on the player.

Basically everyday I have to reinstall the player. Is this for real???

Is there a way to fix the bug for good?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see, your post has been moved into this existing topic about the same issue. Which might contain the answer you're looking for...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are in good company, I havent been able to use it over a week, they chat got me to re install and still the same problems. So looks like I will have to watch it on my phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes me too all was working fine today and then i paused (which i had doe a few times during day with no probs) and when came back to macbook i got the code - have installed again etc and still got the code.

most annoying thing is i tried to use on macbook a few days ago and it did not work at all then downloaded new updated player and great fun today watching stuff - maybe i watched too much?!!!!!

HELP PLEASE no idea about graphics etc and personall dont wang to started fiddling with things on my macbook as dont want to affect anything else 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

yes me too all was working fine today and then i paused (which i had doe a few times during day with no probs) and when came back to macbook i got the code - have installed again etc and still got the code. 

How long did you leave it paused for before you got the code? Did your macbook go to sleep during that time? We're aware that letting the computer sleep or long periods of inactivity cause some issues with the player. We're working to prevent those.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm suffering this as well.

I've never actually managed to get this working on my Mac running OSX 10.12.4

Originally I was getting the p20001 error.  now getting f20001 when trying to start playing or just opening the app.

This is after a fresh system restart.

CiscoVideoGuardMonitor is running in the background in activity monitor. 

Any other thoughts?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Run the  uninstall.command . in ~/Library/Cisco/VideoGuardPlayer/VideoGuard7.

Killed the processes

Reinstalled NOW TV.

No joy.   

I then teathered my iPhone to my laptop and go to try play a file and it works correctly. So it's using my 4G internet connection via Vodafone rather than my Virgin Media cable (through a PFSense Firewall)

That would suggest there is some kind of network/firewall sensitivty in NowTV player.

Does now require UPNP?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Run the  uninstall.command . in ~/Library/Cisco/VideoGuardPlayer/VideoGuard7.

Killed the processes

Reinstalled NOW TV.

No joy.   

I then teathered my iPhone to my laptop and go to try play a file and it works correctly. So it's using my 4G internet connection via Vodafone rather than my Virgin Media cable (through a PFSense Firewall)

That would suggest there is some kind of network/firewall sensitivty in NowTV player.

Does now require UPNP?

I'm going to do some more digging into this and report back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So after a bit of digging this morning I managed to get it working.

My setup is as follows:    Laptop ->  DDWRT based Wireless Router ->  PFSense Firewall Box ->  Virgin Media Internet connection.

What I noticed was it worked  at the PFSense Box, but not when connected to my rotuer.

A bit more digging and I discovered something was going on with DNS.

My Rotuer has a DNS forwarder on it, so it assigns the machines on the network it's own IP for DNS.    

DNS does resolve correctly but for some reason, NowTV Player refuses to work with it.

When I manually assign the my PFSense firewall (which has my actual DNS server on it), NowTV Player starts working.

Various rotuers out there do have DNS forwarding/relay features so it may be worth for those of you having trouble, to google your ISP's DNS servers addresses and manually setting them in

System Preferences -> Network -> (Chose your network adaptor) -> Advanced Button ->  DNS Tab

http://osxdaily.com/2015/12/05/change-dns-server-settings-mac-os-x/

Hope this helps

Scott

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you explain fully how to fix it please?