cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code f20000

Every time I try to stream anything on my laptop on the Now TV player it gives me the error code f20000

Searched everywhere on this forum and can't find any info. What should i do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

J

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, tried all fixes that were suggested still doesn't work. However, it works on iPad , but that's not what I want.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I feel the frustration with the f20000 error code is thrown for a range of different issues, and therefore different solutions make that error code go away for different people.

I encountered the error when watching for the first time at my parent's house; both the chromecast and the mac player failed. It turned out to be an issue with the DNS server provided by their modem/router; it worked on my laptop after 'fixing' its network settings to use external DNS servers (Google's).

(I also reinstalled the player, but the issue persisted after reinstalling)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I normally access the Internet via an internal proxy server, although I can bypass it, if required.  Disabling use of the proxy in the MacOS network settings fixed the f20000 error in my case. 

For the record, my MacOS firewall is on with default settings, along with a router firewall with default settings, blocking all inbound and allowing unresticted outbound traffic.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Safari 10.1.2

PS Now TV, if you happen to read this... I never have these sorts of problems with other services like Netflix and Amazon... Why do you always make things so difficult for Mac users?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This just happened to me and I can't get it playing again. Just crashed in the middle of a programme. Can't get it to work again with a reload as recommended by the help page. 

It's pretty poor on the Mac as it is with the terrible sound encoding, given it's an expensive service I'm hoping someone's looking into this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly, everyone who tried to play content between 12pm-3pm today would have seen this error code.

What happened?

We were in the process of releasing a new version of the desktop player when we noticed the update screen was not showing as expected. This meant everyone was seeing this error code: f20000.

We have since reverted the changes so you can continue to watch using the current version of the player.

I already updated and now it doesn't work

For those who are already on the latest version, we are working to address the fix ASAP.

Sorry for causing the temporary blackout.

Nico Heart

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok who else is having this issue?  "Error message f20000" when opening/playing content via the Now TV app on a Mac. 

Has anyone managed to resolve this issue themselves? No point asking Now TV support as they are pretty useless and keep coming back with the same suggestions, asking you things they have already asked you and you have implemented.

Anyway be really good to know if anyone else is having the same issue or manged to resolve it.

Thanks in advance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Okay had the same issue - try this fix

If you are using proxy to connect internet please disable that, refer to the steps below to disable proxy:

1. Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
  2. Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
  3. Go to Connection.
  4. Click on LAN Settings.
  5. Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
  6. Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

works perfectly now