cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SAUJLA07
Advocate

Cannot use NOW TV App on laptop

I cannot sign in to the NOW TV App on my laptop. It was working fine but now it says that "Somethings not right" after prompting me to sign in. I repeatedly try and sign in and same problem. I am using Windows 10 and the latest app version from the Windows store. NOW TV works fine on my phone but not the laptop. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and no difference. I even tried a system reset and that did nothing. I have tried using the live chat to get some help but it was passed on to another technical team they said who haven't contacted me yet. 

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Thanks
6 Replies
tehSmoogs

Re: Cannot use NOW TV App on laptop

Same here.

Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Now TV app 1.19.02

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@SAUJLA07 @tehSmoogs 

Last weekend, I ran up both the Microsoft Store and the Browser/Player PC versions of the NowTV app on Windows 10 1909, as you are not the only people to report issues here. 

I would not have been surprised to find that the Store app stopped working on 1909, as NowTV aren’t keeping it up to date any more, but it was fine, as was the Browser/Player version also.

64-bit Dell XPS15, over my Netgear Nighthawk router, on BT Fibre Broadband.

Not that I think the tech spec is especially relevant, but there seems to be no generic fault with either NowTV app on 1909, so it must be down to environment or configuration differences between our setups.

If you have a NowTV Hub (router), you could try turning IPv6 off, as this seems to fix various ills, I am told.

But apart from that, I have not so far heard of anything you could change to make your app work, and nor am I likely to find any such thing myself.

And the situation with NowTV on Windows is such that I’m saying “if one of these apps doesn’t work for you, try the other one”, as they are different enough to make this worth a try.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
SAUJLA07
Advocate

This is ridiculous, I cannot use the browser app anymore. Paying even £1 for this rubbish is a joke

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@SAUJLA07 

You certainly shouldn’t pay anything for an app you can’t use.

Perhaps you could ask Live Chat if they have any suggestions on how to tweak Windows to behave better around these apps.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
SAUJLA07
Advocate

I have lost my mind talking with the people on the live chat, the last remark I got was that maybe its a problem with my laptop. Despite me pointing out everything else works, I only brought it in April this was a ridiculous reply. Watching the browser app isn't ideal but its okay but when that stops working it really  is getting out of hand!

0 Thanks
SAUJLA07
Advocate

I got the browser player working so that is something at least, with no help from the live chat 

0 Thanks