cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot use NOW TV App on laptop

I cannot sign in to the NOW TV App on my laptop. It was working fine but now it says that "Somethings not right" after prompting me to sign in. I repeatedly try and sign in and same problem. I am using Windows 10 and the latest app version from the Windows store. NOW TV works fine on my phone but not the laptop. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it and no difference. I even tried a system reset and that did nothing. I have tried using the live chat to get some help but it was passed on to another technical team they said who haven't contacted me yet. 

Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

use to have the now tv app. All of a sudden says device not compatible

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, so about the now tv stick.. I recently bought one from CEX and plugged it in the HDMI bit.

The light flashes and remote is good but nothing shows up on my tv.. I've been through all the sources, I haven't got a smart tv, but I've been told you do not need one..

Any suggestions..?

thanks

Jen

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Make sure the stick is also plugged into the mains power adapter that should have been supplied with the stick (hopefully the adapter was included in the box by CEX).

Then with the stick and television switched on, with the HDMI input source on your television set to the correct input, hold the small reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds until you see the Lets Get Started message on your television screen.

Then follow the instructions on your television screen.

Once you get the stick setup and working, then if your television supports a USB port rated at 5V DC 1A then you can use the power off your television USB port instead of the supplied power adapter if you wish.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On my previous post i am assuming you are plugging in the stick to either a television or a PC monitor that has an HDMI input ?

If you are plugging the stick into a laptop, then usually on a laptop the HDMI port is an output port and will not work with the stick 😠.

Edit - Looks like you are using a television reading your post again, so you should be fine using the stick.

If you are still having problems getting the stick to work on your television or the stick won't connect over wifi on your Router, then post back with some further information on what you have done and at what stage you get stuck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for getting back to me lol

Yeah its a TV with 3 HDMI ports, CEX didnt give me a power cord, but I'll go back and see what I can get..

I've already gone back to them to get a HDMI to USB cable because the stick wasn't even lighting up the first time, but connected with the wire it flashes.

I'll try everything you've suggested.

I hope it works, kinda sucks because now the app isnt even working on my laptop, the stick defo doesn't lol.

Having to watch it on my phone is a pain..

Thankyou! I'll report back soon as lol

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Before making a trip back to CEX see if any of the USB ports are marked up has 5vDC 1A out on your television.

If you have a USB port on the television with that power rating then this should suffice instead of the power mains outlet adapter that usually is supplied with the stick.

You will need a USB to micro USB cable (again this cable is normally supplied with the stick in the box).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This linked guide article below may help when setting up your stick on your television.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Um how do I check if the USB port (only has one on my TV) is 5vDC 1A?

Also if I've tried using the cable to connect the stick and it hasn't already worked then surely I'll need the power cable anyways?

And sorry! I meant I have the cable that connects the stick to the USB bit of the TV, so thats USB to micro USB?

I have tried the step by step guide but couldn't get past step 3 as nothing showed up on my tv..

But I'll stick try and get a power cable for it because I'm pretty sure that could be a reason why nothing is showing up.

Thank

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your television only has one USB port then i reckon it will be a 5vdc 0.5A and will be insufficient when it comes to powering the stick (on my television there is a specification label next to each USB port).

Just wondering have you got a phone charger or another adapter that is labelled has outputting 5vdc between 1 to 2A and has a standard USB connection on it ?

If so you can temporary try that out with the stick (if you are not sure or comfortable, then to be on the safe side don't attempt it and speak to CEX about providing the mains adapter that should have been supplied and included in the box that normally comes with the stick).

When you say you get to step 3 on the guide, are there any images on your television screen when making sure your television HDMI input source matches the HDMI port that you plug the stick into or is the screen just blank ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITS WORKING!

I didn't even think that I have a detachable plug for it..

Thankyou SO much, you don't understand how happy that has made me and my three year old haha.

Godsend

It's all perfect