cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upgrade
Advocate

Upgrade

Can existing customers upgrade to better packages or is it for new customers only ?? Also why don't they have a live service chat ?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

Yes. But broadband support is phone only I'm afraid, so give them a call on 0330 332 3050.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

Yes. But broadband support is phone only I'm afraid, so give them a call on 0330 332 3050.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Upgrade wrote:

Can existing customers upgrade to better packages or is it for new customers only ?

Depends on what service you are on currently. Also on just what you mean by better.

But yes, it should be possible to change, although Now being a copper only service there may be restrictions on what is available.

RoyB
Legend

@Upgrade 

Commercially, yes you can upgrade from Brilliant Broadband (average 11 Mbps, £20/mo) to Fab Fibre (average 36 Mbps, £23/mo) to Super Fibre (average 63 Mbps, £23/mo). All FTTC.

Though I’m not sure why anyone would buy Fab Fibre on this current pricing arrangement.

Which Plan are you actually on, currently?

Whether, technically, you can get any faster broadband depends on where you are. And if you want FTTP, where all the fibre speeds over 100Mbps are, and it’s available where you live, then you will need to change supplier, as Now don’t offer this.

Likewise Virgin; fast cable, but you have to be in an area they cover.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:
Commercially, yes you can upgrade from Brilliant Broadband (average 11 Mbps, £20/mo) to Fab Fibre (average 36 Mbps, £23/mo) to Super Fibre (average 63 Mbps, £23/mo). All FTTC.

Actually Brilliant broadband is ADSL, copper all the way back to the exchange, no fibre at all. 

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @Upgrade 

Yes, sorry, my bad. All no better than FTTC.

@Jayach 

And I suppose you should clarify your ‘copper only’ statement above, as only Brilliant Broadband is copper only, the other options are at least fibre from the cabinet, all the way back to the exchange.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

As I said "Brilliant broadband is ADSL, copper all the way back to the exchange, no fibre at all" I thought that indicated that the other 2 options were partial fibre.

Still, I'll try to be more precise in the future.😉

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

It was earlier than that:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-and-Vouchers-Broadband/Upgrade/m-p/614783/highlight/true#M1082

“But yes, it should be possible to change, although Now being a copper only service there may be restrictions on what is available”.

i knew what you meant, of course, but I’m not sure everybody would 😎

Jayach
Elite 3

Ah yes, I was a bit brief there, but trying to explain all the problems being a "copper only" service must be causing Now would be too difficult to put in just a few words.