cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avgray
Mentor

start date for new subscription

Hi. I want to take advantage of the Black Friday deal but am having to give notice to my existing supplier. If i order a package today, can i delay my "start/activation date" & if so, by how long. (No info on the www & no phone support for TV customers, which could prove a nuisance!).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@avgray 

The go live date is organised by OpenReach. You might be able to call the broadband team to see what can be done.

Is your existing broadband FTTC? As NOW would be able to deal with the cancellation etc of the current supplier. 

As for TV memberships, there is only Live chat for TV support. In terms of account management, you might get TV memberships as part of your broadband package and that can be managed as one. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@avgray 

The go live date is organised by OpenReach. You might be able to call the broadband team to see what can be done.

Is your existing broadband FTTC? As NOW would be able to deal with the cancellation etc of the current supplier. 

As for TV memberships, there is only Live chat for TV support. In terms of account management, you might get TV memberships as part of your broadband package and that can be managed as one. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
avgray
Mentor

Thanks for your reply. It's TV only I'm interested in. I have just used the online chat & they've confirmed that activation is immediate (at point of order/payment)
.I'll sit tight & hope the BF deal is either matched or trumped around Boxing Day/ NY!

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
Jayach
Elite 3

If it is only TV you are interested in, what previous supplier would require notice?

Most would simply finish at the end of the period for which you have already paid?

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @avgray 

BT TV, I would imagine, or possibly Sky.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
avgray
Mentor

Yes, Sky!! Disgusted that I'm 4 MTHS out of contract but still have to give 30 days notice to quit ( or even to reduce the package!)

avgray
Mentor

That's what I would have thought! My 18 mth Sky contact finished in July. Rang them today to be told I have to give 30 days notice! They reckon every supplier does the same?

Jayach
Elite 3

@avgray wrote:

That's what I would have thought! My 18 mth Sky contact finished in July. Rang them today to be told I have to give 30 days notice! They reckon every supplier does the same?

Ah yes, I was thinking of streaming services, which Now TV is.

Are you also on Sky broadband, and is your Sky TV streaming or satellite? 

Jayach_0-1701126974278.png