cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solihul

Super Fibre cheaper for new customers?

I have been a broadband customer with Now TV for a number of years.

As a result of recent price increases my Super Fibre broadband is £23.50 per month 

New customers are able to access Super Fibre for £22 per month 

I contacted Now TV customer services and was told that I am not able to access this price as it is only for new customers.

As a so called 'Loyal customer' this doesn't sit right with me....

11 REPLIES 11
RoyB
Legend

@Solihul 

It is, alas, still legal to offer new customers better prices than existing ones,

However:-

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/new-ofcom-rules-to-end-rip-off-price-rises/

“BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Vodafone have said they will allow existing customers to get the same deals as new customers but only if they take out a new contract.”

Ask Now if they are part of Sky or not, or whether Sky have since reneged on that promise.

Or go elsewhere, thereby keeping the roundabout spinning, and costing two companies the price of the switch, instead of Now realising how much cheaper it would be to retain you.

At the very least, you will be sure to get a better router…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Solihul

Thank You Roy, this is very helpful, I'm not sure if Now monitor these chats 

RoyB
Legend

@Solihul 

Assume that they don’t, unless you say #### 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite 2

@RoyBeven then I'm certain the swear filter is automatic, odds on its set to American , so to try lets throw a few UK phrases and places at it:

He went outside to smoke a fag

then took the train to Scunthorpe

As for the price rise, the new customers getr a slightly better offer thing is par  for the course, what you need to do though is keep an eye on any special offers ending, or minimum term ending as that wont be a "slight" rise in the price

redchiz1
Champion 2

You were given notice of the £3.50 price increase along with a 30 day period in which you had the opportunity to cancel without any early termination fees. Alternatively you could have switched to another provider, or contacted NOW about a better deal. 

Jayach
Elite 3

I'm pretty sure the 30 days was to allow you to leave without starting to pay the increase.

However, even if you have started being charged the increase, you should still be able to leave penalty free as Now have broken the contract.

Has anyone been able to check just what Now say about it?

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Yes, and if you actually read the contract, you will find that Now haven’t broken it.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

Sorry, I should have expanded on the above, but the post I wanted to quote seems to have gone 😢

It was here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/billing/m-p/607444/highlight/true#M23379

But you can read @redchiz1‘s post above it still, and go from there to expand on things, as my now  missing post did.

Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach 

Yes, and if you actually read the contract, you will find that Now haven’t broken it.

Really??

The contract is for a minimum of 12 months at a fixed price. and there is no provision for "in contract" price rises, unlike most other ISPs.

The actual contract wording is: 

Jayach_0-1691938406242.png

No mention of it having to be within 30 days of their supposed written notification. (does an email count as "written" notification, to me it means a letter?)