cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scammed by NOW TV

I'm currently being scammed by NOW TV.

I opened a  new account by using Quidco website. For some reason, the cashback didn't track. After discussing with the people at Quidco and someone at Now TV, the only solution was to place a new order at NowTV. I placed a new order and requested the cancelation of the first account. Despite that, they ignored my request and continued sending the pseudo-modem at my cost which will find its way to recycling center and then, the most probably to a 3rd World country (which is typical for the British garbage).

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

----nothing----

redchiz1
Champion 2

I am guessing that was the system collapsing after accepting two separate orders from you. At least they are on the case, hope you get things sorted soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

...as if I wrote the code for their booking system and now it's my fault.

A better solution is to give more power to the consumer to be able to cancel the order. They need 14 days to open a new order but you can't deleted 3 days later. It seems that indeed, "all the animals are equal but some are more equal than others".

Jayach
Elite 3

The consumer has the full support of the law to be able to cancel within 14 days. 

What’s a cooling-off period and how do I use it to cancel an order? - Which?

Doesn't mean mistakes won't be made. Trying to sign-up again right after cancelling had probably not been coded into the system.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did they also pay for the wasted time and my effort to fix the problem ? No they don't.

"Trying to sign-up again right after cancelling had probably not been coded into the system."

How do you think this was done ? By magic ? I even received a second pseudo-modem.

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

Did they also pay for the wasted time and my effort to fix the problem ? No they don't.

And why should they?

Now is a budget provider, the whole problem was caused by you cancelling because your Quido didn't track.

I'm bowing out now, this is getting boring.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It doesn't matter if I applied once, twice, etc. I didn't hack their system. I followed the procedure ALLOWED by THEIR system. Furthermore, even if they are a ''budget provider', it doesn't excuse their attitude towards their customers. Whatever job you took you must complete it as best as you can.

RoyB
Legend

If you want a Rolls-Royce service, you don’t buy a Dacia.

And most especially, you don’t bypass the Dacia dealership and go via Carzam or their ilk.

Now I am off to re-read Desiderata….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"If you want a Rolls-Royce service, you don’t buy a Dacia.
And most especially, you don’t bypass the Dacia dealership and go via Carzam or their ilk."

I'm afraid your comparison is flawed and I'm forced to correct it.

Probably you wanted to say: I learnt about "Carzam" and they drove me to an official Dacia dealer with the promise that if I buy a Dacia from there they will give me money for petrol. At the Dacia dealer, I signed a contract with the official Dacia representative, they took my card details to make sure I'll not scam them and forced me to pay upfront for the ignition key, which they also provide. Happy with my new purchase, I made plans to drive East to West, North to South, to places where no has been before while waiting for the delivery of my new shinny metal box with wheels. For my disappointment, despite waiting 14 days, the car didn't arrive. I called them and found that they haven't received the wheels because their distributor messed up. Later, the truth came in the light to show that in fact it's their own mistake.

In conclusion, I haven't even received the "Dacia" to be able to compare it with the Rolls-Royce.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I imagine that order; cancel; receive cancellation confirmation; re-order may work. In fact I know, it worked for me. I imagine that order; order; cancel will cause problems.