cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scammed by NOW TV

I'm currently being scammed by NOW TV.

I opened a  new account by using Quidco website. For some reason, the cashback didn't track. After discussing with the people at Quidco and someone at Now TV, the only solution was to place a new order at NowTV. I placed a new order and requested the cancelation of the first account. Despite that, they ignored my request and continued sending the pseudo-modem at my cost which will find its way to recycling center and then, the most probably to a 3rd World country (which is typical for the British garbage).

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to reply to the message I received from NOW TV, case NOW TV Help - Case ID: 11030481 () [ ref:_00DG0BmYO._5004I1QH2f4:ref ]

------------------------------------------------

Their response:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

NOW TV Help ([email removed])
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Jayach
Elite 3

There really is no scam here at all. There is never any guarantee that orders though Quidco will track and be paid. The technologies used to do so are fallible, but do work most of the time.

By the time you found that the  original order hadn't tracked (it always takes a few days before you can be sure) the order was progressing through Now's system. For some reason the original order wasn't completely cleared from the system. It was a error, definitely not a scam. Why would a company like Now want to scam you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Either scammers OR incompetents, and the reason why I made those statements:

- I called some NOW TV scammer/incompetent and requested the cancelation of that contract; it didn't solve anything.

- I opened a complaint explaining what happened and the  NOW TV scammer/incompetent  replied asking personal details. Knowing the level of scamming/incompetence of NOW TV operators I had a hard time to replay with those credentials for the fear they will cancel the second contract. When I finally did replay, I received a failure to deliver:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

NOW TV Help ([email removed])
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For all the customers who have issues with the scammers, please keep in mind that it is in YOUR rights to cancel ASAP if the service provider is not capable to deliver as you expect.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/cancelling-a-phone-tv-inte...

If you signed up over the phone or online
You can cancel the contract for free if you signed up less than 14 days ago over the phone or online. This is called a ‘cooling-off’ period. If you’ve already used the service (eg you made calls on a phone), you’re likely to be charged for what you’ve used.

Contact the business and say you want to cancel the contract because you’re still in the cooling-off period. You’ll probably need to give them details such as your account reference number - check any documents or emails you have from the company.

If you post a letter or send an email asking to cancel within the cooling-off period, the contract will be cancelled from the date you post the letter.

Geluk
Expert 2

NowTV's lawyers may consider your desciption of them as libellous😥

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't give a sheit.

PS: I'm not British either.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ask Johnny Depp if that matters.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Cashback isnt a given until you have got it, and unless its a promotion that now are running- as with some ISPs where you get a reward pre pay credit card then its nothing to do with Now.

And while you can cancel a contract within a cooling off period, there could be issues with immediately trying to sign up again.

I signed up via topcashback and 4 months in no cashback - although ive heard this can take upto 6-7 months or so - if it works its a nice bonus, if it doesnt I'm still saving a load compared to my previous ISP

Jayach
Elite 3

I tend to use Quido rather than Top Cashback. With Quidco you know if it has tracked within a few days. Still no guarantee it will be confirmed. Last purchase was 2 years VPN with Nord, got all but £2.00 back. Not bad.