cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lion
Mentor

Two Accounts.

Is there any way that I can have 2 Now TV accounts in my name at the same address?

Problem. I already have one account through BT but I am unable to get the Now Sports deal of £21 for six months as  I already have this BT account.

I spoke to Now TV today and they advised that I open up a second account and claim the offer that way. Needless to say, I have had an issue setting a second account up as there does not appear to be a platform for this. Can you help please?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lion 

All you’d need is to use another email address as I would say multiple accounts is very possible.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lion
Mentor

Thank gavs, it should be that simple I know, but at the moment I cannot find a way for the sign in page to allow me to use a different email address and password. It must be something to do with recognising my IP address.

Thanks anyway will keep you updated.

RoyB
Legend

@Lion @gavs82008 

Yes, if you have Now from BT, and you try to set up a new independent Now account over internet from BT, it will fight you tooth and nail to stay on the BT Now.

BT do this with the best of intentions, but you need to bypass it, so turn off WiFi and go on cellular on your mobile, where your ISP is not BT, to set up the new account for Sports direct from Now.

Once you have the account, you can use it on any of your devices over BT WiFi, but you may find BT keeps overwriting it with your BT account details, especially on your Pro box.

It’s a faff to keep changing accounts anyway, so try having the Sports account on a Stick or Roku Express if you have one, and only use it for that account.

If BT keep changing the account back (I’m not sure they will everywhere, but they might) then it may take a Roku Express, on mains power so it never sleeps, left logged in the the Sports account, to keep BT at bay, though it may not come to that.

Anyway, if you get this going, please do come back and tell us if BT started hijacking Now back on your device, and if so, whether you managed to stop it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lion
Mentor

Hi Roy,

thank you for your input, will try your suggestion, and keep you updated.Thank you for taking the time to come back to me Roy.