cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Expiry dates of shop-bought passes

I've raised a chat with support....but we bought a NOW TV Box with 3 month Entertainment Pass specifically to watch the final GoT (& explore NOW TV later).
Sadly it tells me the code has expired: I get this sad message:
         Sorry – this offer has now ended and you missed out this time.

So I come here, & I now read that they should be redeemed within 12 months of purchase 😞
Have to say I am disappointed with this. 

Will NOW TV do anything given such a pass to refresh the code, or is it simply may fault as a stupid shopper?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately has you have found out that you have 12 months to redeem and start your passes that comes bundled with the nowtv boxes or stick from date of purchase.

Only live chat can help you out with regards to this matter and sometimes they will offer you are replacement code if the expiry date of the original included voucher is close to the 12 month limit.

However this would be at the discretion of the live chat management.

Maybe try live chat again from the link page below, where you may strike lucky and deal with a more sympathetic live chat adviser than previously before.

Sorry i couldn't help further.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ahh, many thanks - chat didn't work in chrome, but did in Safari, & a super-helpful person was able to sort us out Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you got it sorted 👍👍👍.

Yeah a couple of people have mentioned Chrome sometimes has problems opening live chat.

One forum member got Chrome to work with live chat by switching off their Privacy Badger ad blocking software.

I tend to use MS Edge myself when i deal with live chat which seems to work for me evertime i need to contact them 🙂.

starman73
Elite

I don't know why they don't show the expiry dates on https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-vouchers It would be helpful.  I got a couple of sticks recently with vouchers in the stick and I have no idea which ones expire when.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 I would retain the receipts until you have redeemed the passes, just in case you have any issues with them. They should be good for a year from purchase of the stick and Live Chat are likely to replace the pass should you have any issues having kept to this timeframe.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

@starman73 I would retain the receipts until you have redeemed the passes, just in case you have any issues with them. They should be good for a year from purchase of the stick and Live Chat are likely to replace the pass should you have any issues having kept to this timeframe.

Sure, in the past I could contact chat with the code and get the expiry date, but cannot do this with the stick ones. Also if I have multiple cinema or entertainment passes how would I be able to determine which one to use first?

It must be possible to show expiry dates on screen.