cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

50% off 12 months SKY cinema missing from my new contract with Now TV broadband

Hi everyone,

I've been a NOW TV customer off and on for a couple of years. Usually I make avail of the offers and have really enjoyed these as have my family. I recently decided to switch to NOW TV broadband to grab the 50% off 12 months of SKY cinema as a new broadband customer which continues to be advertised on the website 

nowtv-ad

I clicked the link on the front page, I completed the necessary forms and I signed up with my credit card details. And that was it. No 50% off 12 months of Sky cinema, no offer was presented no sent by email. I opened a chat window to discuss this and here is the reply.

IMG-20190602-191646

I'm not impressed with this as I was led to believe that as a new broadband customer I would have access to the SKY cinema offer. My broadband goes live on the 11th June so I have got time to cancel the contract within the cooling off period.

Can someone please explain why this is not the case? 

Many thanks for your advice regarding this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the T&C's relating to this offer i believe the live chat adviser has got it wrong, where it says "NowTV Cinema Pass customers must have 30 days or less left on their current offer".

I would suggest try live chat again and make them aware of their T&C's where you may have a live chat adviser who is fully aware of this deal or maybe drop them a message using this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Copy of the T&C's taken from their nowtv offers webpage below.

NOW Broadband Network Areas Only. Speeds vary significantly by location.

Unlimited Broadband: No usage limits. No peak time traffic management. External factors such as internet congestion and home wiring may affect speed.

NOW Broadband Offer: 18+. UK only. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers, not available to existing NOW Broadband/Combo customers. No contract Fab Fibre: £25pm, £60 set up fee, £0 delivery fee, cancel anytime. Saver Plan option available with a £0 activation fee and £0 delivery fee. 12 month min contract for Saver option. After 12 months, standard price applies for both options (currently £25.99pm for Brilliant Broadband / £35.99pm for Fab Fibre / £43.99pm for Super Fibre).

NOW Calls: Anytime calls free with any Broadband purchase for the first 12 months, £8 thereafter. New NOW Broadband customers only. NOW Calls network areas only. Acceptable use policy applies. Find our call rates in the NOW Calls tariff guide.

• NOW Broadband and half price Sky Cinema offer: NOW TV Cinema pass customers must have 30 days or less on their current offer. New NOW Broadband customers in selected areas only. 18+. UK only. £0 set-up for 12 month contract. No contract Fab Fibre: £60 set-up fee, £0 delivery, cancel anytime. Standard price applies after 12 months (currently £35.99pm). Subject to status. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers. NOW Fab Fibre: NOW TV Network areas only. Speeds vary by location. Requires call package. Cinema Pass: Ongoing broadband required to be entitled to the 50% off Cinema Pass for 12 months. Standard price applies after 12 months (currently £11.99 pm). Pass auto renews. Cancel anytime. General: Prices may go up during your contract. Further terms apply. Offer ends 13/06/2019. Redeem your 50% off Cinema Pass offer following the purchase of Now Broadband. Correct at 09/05/2019.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the T&C's relating to this offer i believe the live chat adviser has got it wrong, where it says "NowTV Cinema Pass customers must have 30 days or less left on their current offer".

I would suggest try live chat again and make them aware of their T&C's where you may have a live chat adviser who is fully aware of this deal or maybe drop them a message using this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Copy of the T&C's taken from their nowtv offers webpage below.

NOW Broadband Network Areas Only. Speeds vary significantly by location.

Unlimited Broadband: No usage limits. No peak time traffic management. External factors such as internet congestion and home wiring may affect speed.

NOW Broadband Offer: 18+. UK only. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers, not available to existing NOW Broadband/Combo customers. No contract Fab Fibre: £25pm, £60 set up fee, £0 delivery fee, cancel anytime. Saver Plan option available with a £0 activation fee and £0 delivery fee. 12 month min contract for Saver option. After 12 months, standard price applies for both options (currently £25.99pm for Brilliant Broadband / £35.99pm for Fab Fibre / £43.99pm for Super Fibre).

NOW Calls: Anytime calls free with any Broadband purchase for the first 12 months, £8 thereafter. New NOW Broadband customers only. NOW Calls network areas only. Acceptable use policy applies. Find our call rates in the NOW Calls tariff guide.

• NOW Broadband and half price Sky Cinema offer: NOW TV Cinema pass customers must have 30 days or less on their current offer. New NOW Broadband customers in selected areas only. 18+. UK only. £0 set-up for 12 month contract. No contract Fab Fibre: £60 set-up fee, £0 delivery, cancel anytime. Standard price applies after 12 months (currently £35.99pm). Subject to status. NOW Broadband available to new NOW Broadband customers and new and existing TV customers. NOW Fab Fibre: NOW TV Network areas only. Speeds vary by location. Requires call package. Cinema Pass: Ongoing broadband required to be entitled to the 50% off Cinema Pass for 12 months. Standard price applies after 12 months (currently £11.99 pm). Pass auto renews. Cancel anytime. General: Prices may go up during your contract. Further terms apply. Offer ends 13/06/2019. Redeem your 50% off Cinema Pass offer following the purchase of Now Broadband. Correct at 09/05/2019.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I was in a chat at the time and the advisors (Biju and Terri) both sorted my issue out and I have now got the offer 🙂

A bit of perseverance and being polite to the operators on the chat window has proved very fruitful. I now have 50% off 12 months of SKY Cinema 🙂

NOW TV admin, please ensure both Biju and Terri receive my praise and thanks for their helpfulness this evening.