cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAB78
Mentor

User Profiles

(Apologies if this is in the wrong chat but it's not easy choosing one for this subject.) 

NOW TV is used by many families across the country and each family member has their own likes and dislikes. Currently there is no option for each family member to have their own profile so this means that if, for instance, two people are watching same show at their own speeds, it can get quite confusing trying the maintain your own progress in the show. This would also mean that "Continue Watching" is no longer a viable option. This makes using the service in a family environment a huge pain in the....

The feature of user profiles is included in most modern streaming services nowadays. I don't understand why we still don't have it as NOW TV customers? The shared use of a single account per household is allowed so why then are we expected to manage the content of 5 people, in some cases, on a single profile? 

If you feel as strongly about this as me, please share your thoughts and opinions here and maybe they will see it and consider implementing it.

Thanks and I know this has been asked for many times but we need to let them know that this is still something really want.

27 REPLIES 27
RoyB
Legend

@apuk2004 wrote:

I'd like to see user profile added to NOW (as well as 4K content) so thought I'd bump this thread and hope the NOW team see it! 

@apuk2004 

Well they won’t, as we customers are pretty much left to our own devices here.

If you want to make a more public fuss, use Now’s Twitter/X feed, but be quick and get in before Elon Musk runs it into the ground.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

Well they will, forums like this are great for companies in providing free customer feedback and views, that's the main reason they exist.  Far more effective then any amount of customer surveys. Whether they act on them or not is of course another matter. 

ChrizK
Occasional Poster

Without active engagement, forums just placate customers, with the hope that other customers might be able to address an organisations shortcomings.  One contributor in this thread said they asked for this (obvious) feature 5 years ago, which shows how well engaged NowTV is !

RoyB
Legend

@ChrizK 

You have perhaps not considered how effective a prophylactic against multi-household sharing the lack of profiles is 😛

Why go through all that angst that Netflix have just been through, if all it takes for Now is to ensure that users getting annoyed about tripping over one another will suffice?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Knotty19
Observer

It would be lovely to have profiles, drives me and my partner nuts, stressing over shows we both like and want to watch at different times. We have very busy lives and we're not always able to watch together 

redchiz1
Champion 2

Honestly, the benefits of multiple devices against the lack of profiles has never bothered our household of four, wherever we may each be watching. Netflix sucks and we have long since abandoned them.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

It is more down to personal preference. At least the big hitters of streaming gives you the option for profiles, hell even Lionsgate+ offer them. 

For me it would be way easier with profiles as we watch the shows at differing times and the watchlist/continue watching is a bombsite. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Hey @gavs82008 I will repeat, never seen it as a problem. A minor nuisance perhaps if different people are watching the same show at different times? I far prefer my current massively discounted bill to the alternatives! 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Like I said bud, it’s all about personal preference. What works for you won’t work for others.

I’ve been an advocate of profiles for many years as I find them very convenient and makes everything easy to manage. 

That said I left Sky TV 8 years ago and have never looked back 😄 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

You pays your money. If you want every whistle and bell than look elsewhere.

NOW has its quirks and compromises. But in my experience as a customer over a number of years is that it represents excellent value for money which far outweigh those issues. Entertainment plus Cinema plus Boost at a total of £4 a month, we can live with it.  😎