cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAB78
Mentor

User Profiles

(Apologies if this is in the wrong chat but it's not easy choosing one for this subject.) 

NOW TV is used by many families across the country and each family member has their own likes and dislikes. Currently there is no option for each family member to have their own profile so this means that if, for instance, two people are watching same show at their own speeds, it can get quite confusing trying the maintain your own progress in the show. This would also mean that "Continue Watching" is no longer a viable option. This makes using the service in a family environment a huge pain in the....

The feature of user profiles is included in most modern streaming services nowadays. I don't understand why we still don't have it as NOW TV customers? The shared use of a single account per household is allowed so why then are we expected to manage the content of 5 people, in some cases, on a single profile? 

If you feel as strongly about this as me, please share your thoughts and opinions here and maybe they will see it and consider implementing it.

Thanks and I know this has been asked for many times but we need to let them know that this is still something really want.

27 REPLIES 27
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Feel like you’re trying to stir the pot with your comments back. 

Having been a NOW customer for 8 years and only been without NOW for about 3 months in that entire time I am fully aware what NOW offers. The “every whistle and bell” is literally part of Paramount+, Disney+, hell even Discovery+, it is pretty much a standard thing for a new service.

You fail to get my point that I think it should be an option. Whereas I totally get that you won’t bother with them, but it will keep a hell lot of other people happy. 

On a pricing note, nice work getting all that for £4, totally jealous! Haha As I am paying £9 for the 3 🤐

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Oh not at all, please don't take it that way. I genuinely feel in my mind that this is a thoroughly minor point. That really is it as far as I'm concerned, no more. If you and others feel differently then that is exactly the point of an Off-Topic discussion.  🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

No worries bud, sometimes very hard to tell the intent unless you speak with that person face to face or over the phone. The main thing and good thing with the forum is being able to speak our mind within reason and have some good discussions whilst helping others 😃

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Artb5542

We need a kid profile and in addition to that I need to be able to set the age. Currently, I have the pin restriction set to the age of 12,  but most of the shows with 15 age restrictions do not require the pin to be entered anyway, so not sure what this setting is for. Same with live TV (my kid can watch an 18-year-rated movie without the requirement for a PIN). I should have gone to Netflix where there is clear filtration of shows and movies in place, based on the set age of the profile. Hope the Now TV will understand this requirement, otherwise, they will start losing customers.

@RAB78 

Vic
Advocate

@RAB78 totally agree. Just started using now, it's already annoying me, that I cannot have a profile for us and one for mum (who lives with us). We watch totally different TV, so having profiles, like you do in netflix and Disney etc, would make much more sense. 

RoyB
Legend

@Vic 

If you think that’s bad, just imagine a family that do watch the same programmes, but not together.

Not having profiles means Now can’t support two HWMs for the same series 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB wrote:

Not having profiles means Now can’t support two HWMs for the same series 😢

Hazardous Waste Management Systems??

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

High Water Mark.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.