Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Aren't the USB and SD lot disabled by the firmware?

It might be prudent to keep such conversations within your original USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY topic Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you do this I have the new box I've put on flix but  I realy want to load on Kodi I've got to the point where I have ziped "XBian_Latest_rpi.img.gz" and sent it across this is only "8.99 MB" 

"Warning: Application size prevents it from working on Roku 1 players (9435721 > 2097152)."

Dose this mean It was working but I just dont have space for it to go fully on ?

And if so is their a way to delete apps that are install on the Now TV Box to free up space?

If I can get the USB Port to work I dont know if it would allow me to add it and may be more .

If any one could help me try and get kodi to run. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User that Kodi file is for a Raspberry Pi not a Roku box. I'm not aware of any version for Roku.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just found a way to delete apps buy clicking star on them and removing this might give me more space to get kodi on. what will be the best to install on it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User again that file isn't for your NOW TV box. It's an image file to be written to an SD card to be used in a Raspberry Pi.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just purchased a new Now TV Box (black) to replace my old Sony SMP-N200 streaming box.

I've opened an account with Now TV and provided my debit card details.

Everything is working as it should EXCEPT I can't work out how to connect to my desktop PC (wirelessly via my router) to allow me to stream video and audio media stored on my PC's hard disk drive to my TV (via the Now TV Box).

I have Serviio installed on my PC and the Sony SMP-N200 used this to play video and music stored on my PC on to my TV.

How do I get my Now TV Box to do this?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

From what I understand, none of the NOW TV playback devices offer such functionality 'by default', so you will need to install some 'third-party' softwares. However, the fully blown and much more expensive Roku products do offer such functionality!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.

I have installed a third-party app 'PlayTo' on both the Now TV Box and my PC.

When I open the 'PlayTo' app on my Now TV Box the only option provided on the new screen is to close it and return to my list of apps!

There are no options to connect to anything on the network.

As the Now TV Box is a wireless media streaming device, surely I should be able to use to play video files stored on my networked PC?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If I remember correctly, in order to make the 'PlayTo' app work on your NOW TV box, you also need to install a 'companion' app on your other devices, such as a tablet...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't have a tablet.

The only devices on my home network are my Windows 10 PC and my new Now TV Box.

I have also installed PlayTo on my PC.

PlayTo on my PC can 'see' the Now TV Box (as a Roku) but there doesn't seem to be any way to 'communicate' with it.

The Sony SMP-N200 worked OK on the network and allowed me to play video and music files from my PC using Serviio.

I replace the Sony with a new NOw TV Box as the Sony didn't have catchup TV (BBCipayer etc.)

So I've now gained catchup TV (which is working perfectly on the Now TV Box) but I've lost the ability to play files from my PC.