cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Internet Connection

Since connecting Wirelessly to the guest account, I have had no connection issues - it's bizzarre!!

There's clearly an issue with Virgin, but they (NowTV) don't seem to want to admit it..... Reboot your box, reboot your router, press this, press that blah blah blah!!

How far do you get when trying to connect to your Guest Account?
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Scott_P

The help article link (step 3) that I posted in the beginning of this thread mentions if you are a Virgin Broadband customer to try setting up a guest network, which would suggest to me that the NowTV Tech Team have identified some extra additional setup maybe required on their boxes when using Virgin Routers if all the other steps fail.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

After a year of using now TV and virgin this has only just started to happen to me too. I am suspicious of a now TV software update which happened recently. Of course an online chat with support is a complete waste of time.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

How do you create a guest account on the virgin router I am having the same issue

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

You need to access the router via a browser - your "address" and password will be on the bottom of the router. I think you then go into advance settings and then set up guest account - you can then create a network key and password and then log in as you would to connect any device.
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

thank you. guest WiFi set up. Will send it this works

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Seems to be working. Thank you for the advice.

0 Thanks
Scholar

Great ๐Ÿ‘
It's a shame NowTV aren't offering any advice or releasing a software update for a problem that clearly exists between them and Virgin ๐Ÿค”
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you for posting this. We have Virgin media and had no problems with internet connection until a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't work out what triggered it, but suddenly couldnโ€™t watch any movies nor NOW TV channels, but the internet was fine on any other device, including the TV itself. All I could find were discussions about WiFi dropping out, but we have a wired set up. Like others, the connection kept dropping out then reconnecting and the WiFi wouldnโ€™t set up. I have even bought new ethernet cables and completed a factory re-set and nothing was working. The suggestion to use a guest wifi, and advice on how to do it, have worked brilliantly, thank you!
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Glad I could help ๐Ÿ‘
0 Thanks