cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

New My Account Layout, feedback wanted!

Our NOW TV User Experience and Design Team need your help!

They are always thinking of new ideas to improve NOW TV and would love your feedback. 

Below you'll find an early mock up of an idea they've had for a new My Account page, that allows customers to access different areas. 

Have a look and let us know what you like or don't like. If you have any suggestions of how we can improve it, leave us a comment.

Thanks

Karl

*Any comments not related will be moved to the relevant section on the Community.

Screen 1.

MyAccount-Dashboard-Concept-01.jpg

Screen 2.

MyAccount-Dashboard-Concept-02.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F 

these mockups are from before the device restrictions changed aren't they there would be six slots listed now. Not four.

I think overview page would be a good idea for new users who haven't used the system before . However, it would be of limited use to seasoned users are seasoned users already know what the different menu options to. 

Purely from an ease-of-use point of view. Can we have a link which takes us straight to stored electronic vouchers (the ones you get when you buy NowTV hardware and activate it) . Currently, you have to go to the passes and vouchers section and then click on the 'my stored vouchers' button which only appears when you have a voucher stored on your account. The problem with how it is currently is that if the user gets confused about how to use the electronically stored vouchers. Other forum users can't point them straight to the relevant page unless they themselves have a voucher stored on their account because the link to that page does not appear

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback @commanda6, stored vouchers seems like a common theme so we’ll definitely look into that.

You’re right that one of the reasons we’re creating this page is to help new users see all the different things they can do to manage their accounts.

Do you think there are any changes we can make so the page would be more useful to a seasoned user? Would they want different information to new users?

Thanks

Jen

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the feedback @commanda6, stored vouchers seems like a common theme so we’ll definitely look into that.

You’re right that one of the reasons we’re creating this page is to help new users see all the different things they can do to manage their accounts.

Do you think there are any changes we can make so the page would be more useful to a seasoned user? Would they want different information to new users?

Thanks

Jen

Hi @Anonymous User 

Off the top of my head I can't think of any different information that seasoned users would need, but if I think of anything I will post in here again. 

I do have one other idea for the overview page. Next to each of the section headings on the overview page. You could have a help button which when pressed, gives a brief text overview of what you can do in each section. Users could hide this by pressing the button again.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @commanda6. We're looking at ways to make My Account and Help work better together, and having help more closely associated with sections on the screen would be a good step towards that.

Thanks

Jen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Probably wrong forum , but hey ho never mind. I've just cancelled my subscription taken out in July.  Reasons

No longer streams on tv talktalk stb or smartphone intermittently on tablet. 

Good news when last checked firestick still works, but I'm not going to buy firesticks for every room. 

When you're selling these the least you can do is ensure that they work with as many systems as possible. 

Try being like amazon prime video which works on tv, stb,  older pvr,  smartphone, tablets (even old one) +firestick. Now that's a good service. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at this link page, the list that NOW supports from a playback perspective is pretty decent if you ask me.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

Though i would like to see them add the NOW native App to Android TV (apart from Sony) and maybe Panasonic and Hisense Vidda smart TV's which i also own.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Further to what @schnapps said, most of the devices you have listed are supposed to work with Now. 

So the problem you have isn’t that you haven’t got Now on those devices, it is that Now on those devices isn’t working for you.

But there is nothing in your posting that would help us to help you to get them working again for you ?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry was just a bit peeved that from working on most of my devices they all seemed to lose ability to view Now.  I looked at what I was getting and decided I would stop Now subscription and work with prime and disney on my tv's, stb,  pvr's tablet and phone. I think dropping now is the cheaper option. Rather that,  than buying new tv's, pvr's, stb. Must admit new tablet on cards. However I don't  think I'd get enough use to justify fiddling aboutvtrying to get now to work
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do i cancel all accounts I've been trying to cancel all day but getting nowhere