Below are some early concepts for a new homepage of the NOW TV Help site.
We’re excited to hear you thoughts, so have a look and let us know what you like or don't like. Here are some questions to get you going:
We’re trying to offer more personalised help to solve problems faster, but to do this we need users to have signed in.
If you have any other suggestions of how we can improve the design, leave us a comment.
- What are your first impressions of these concepts?
- Do you think they would help you find content more easily than the current layout (version A)?
- Which part of the page would be most useful for you?
- Would you find the additional features for signed in users in Version C useful?
- How likely would you be to sign in?
- Yes, the device management section is useful and I like the inclusion of device logos to ease selection.
- I’d only sign in if I had to, not as a matter of routine. I don’t think anything about this layout would make me sign in if it wasn’t needed.
- Unnecessary scrolling is something I’m not a fan of. So I’d rather have the featured articles section below the help/manage devices sections. For the same reason I’d rather get rid of the featured article image, and get rid of the community latest answers section (unless it’s in the middle of an outage chances are none of these answers will be of use to me) in order to reduce the length of the sections to the minimum.
Nice that you ask for our thoughts when you want. We've all been asking for 1080p streaming and our requests have fallen on death ears. Now you expect us to give feedback on a cosmetic page change? What a nerve!!!! Give us what you promised and then we may be a little more giving.
I have a big problem with your three examples, the screens are designed for mobile/smartphone users only and I only use my full screen PC when accessing online information and forums. Therefore, I cannot see and so have no idea of what you are trying to convey.
Consequently, your sample screens get a big thumb down.
Thanks for the feedback @ukbobboy
As more of our customers use small screen devices to get help we tend to design for them first. If we can get all the information we need to on a mobile screen, there should be no problem fitting it on a desktop PC 🙂
We'll be working on the designs for larger screen sizes next.
I am assuming that this redesign affects just the mobile version of the site as seen on phones and possibly some tablets. In this case I think that the new design is a substantial improvement because it appears to create more screen-sized sections so making the page easier to use.
However, I will comment that I tend to switch to landscape mode when looking through pages of fine detail. You get larger, easier to read, text that way. I'd be a little concerned that this might make the section with device icons more difficult to use.
There is no help!!! Page doesn’t work and I’ve spent 15 mins in a queue waiting for online support and then cut off.
I can’t buy a box with credit available. It says Whoops there’s been a problem for a week! On 2 devises! I am a new customer who is wondering if this has been a big mistake