cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue with download speeds to devices

Hello, recently switched to NOW TV super fibre, but having some issues achieving full speeds on devices.

On the settings page I get the following speeds:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):19999
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):79987

These speeds are perfect, but when I plug a pc directly through ethernet into the hub and run a speed test I recieve the following:

Upload speeds 18-20mbps ~ (this is perfect)
Download speeds 40-45mbps~ (only half of the available total bandwidth)

The tests were carried out with no other devices connected so I can only come to the conclusion that the hub is limiting the download to all devices to about 50% of the max speed.
I have checked the settings page to see if I accidently had a setting enabled but no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, or can shine some light on how I can remove this 'cap' it would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello, recently switched to NOW TV super fibre, but having some issues achieving full speeds on devices.

On the settings page I get the following speeds:

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):19999
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):79987

These speeds are perfect, but when I plug a pc directly through ethernet into the hub and run a speed test I recieve the following:

Upload speeds 18-20mbps ~ (this is perfect)
Download speeds 40-45mbps~ (only half of the available total bandwidth)

The tests were carried out with no other devices connected so I can only come to the conclusion that the hub is limiting the download to all devices to about 50% of the max speed.
I have checked the settings page to see if I accidently had a setting enabled but no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, or can shine some light on how I can remove this 'cap' it would be much appreciated.

Thank you. 

@Anonymous User

Hi Welcome to the fourm, have you tried chatting to one of the combo team regarding this, they can do line tests and in home troubleshooting in more depth to get the bottom of the issue you are having. 

Thanks The Nowtv Team.