cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What happens after 12 months?

My combo package is coming up to the end of the 12 month contract (at the end of August).

My package is the: Entertainment Month Pass and Brilliant Broadband: £9.99 a month plus £17.99 a month line rental = £27.98 a month

I cannot find any information on the website or in my emails about what happens after the 12 month contract period.

I want to know:

a. Will my package automatically continue?

b. Will my monthly payments change or stay the same? If they change what will I be paying?

c. If I do not want to continue with NowTV after the 12 month contract, when do I need to cancel so that I am not charged more money after the contract ends?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your service will continue after your 12 months but you'll lose the promotional discount on your entertainment pass unless you renegotiate. So after your 12 months you'll pay £17.99 for your line rental, £8 for the basic broadband and £6.99 for the entertainment pass (according to the recent announcement Combo users are currently not affected by the £1 price rise in August until we get notified otherwise) plus the price of calls or any call package.

Obviously that's likely to change once you ring them up to renegotiate as it's likely you'll be offered some sort of discount.

Bear that in mind when shopping around for other deals - you don't have to notify NOW TV first if the other provider can take over the existing line, but it's worth ringing NOW TV before you definitely sign up elsewhere to see if they can match or better the offer.

I also found I couldn't take up Sky on their current new customer offers as their system saw my line as already being Sky (I'm not sure of the exact relationship NOW TV broadband and Sky Broadband have with regards to each other but it's likely to be closely intertwined) so whilst they did offer me a reasonable discount you might find they can't match the current new customer deal.

If you cancel your broadband/phone before the 12 months is up you'll be liable for an early termination charge (no more than what you would have paid if you'd have stayed until the end of the 12 months) although if it's only a matter of days you may be able to get NOW TV to waive that if you ask them.

You can however cancel the entertainment pass before the 12 months is up should you wish and you won't be charged for that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you go to My Account > My Package there should be a telephone helpline number for the NowTV ComboTeam, they should be able to answer all your questions. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They were not very helpful - I was advised to call back mid-August / a couple of weeks before the end of the contract to "re-negotiate" a contract deal.

The thing is I do not want to tie myself into another 12 month contract and I want to know in advance what I would be paying on a monthly basis (so that I can cancel and start looking elsewhere if required). However he was not able to give me this information for some reason until I call back to "re-negotiate".

I wondered what other customer's experiences of this were when they got to the end of their contract and what they paid if they continued with NowTV.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately i am a long term BT Customer so i can't answer your questions on your first post.

I thought one of the advantages of the NowTV Combo package was that customers could choose either a 12 month (saver) contract or a Non contract monthly plan ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-the-now-tv-combo

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Also found this guide article from the Help Centre about cancelling the NowTV Broadband service, which you may find useful if you are thinking of changing providers.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv-broadband

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Your service will continue after your 12 months but you'll lose the promotional discount on your entertainment pass unless you renegotiate. So after your 12 months you'll pay £17.99 for your line rental, £8 for the basic broadband and £6.99 for the entertainment pass (according to the recent announcement Combo users are currently not affected by the £1 price rise in August until we get notified otherwise) plus the price of calls or any call package.

Obviously that's likely to change once you ring them up to renegotiate as it's likely you'll be offered some sort of discount.

Bear that in mind when shopping around for other deals - you don't have to notify NOW TV first if the other provider can take over the existing line, but it's worth ringing NOW TV before you definitely sign up elsewhere to see if they can match or better the offer.

I also found I couldn't take up Sky on their current new customer offers as their system saw my line as already being Sky (I'm not sure of the exact relationship NOW TV broadband and Sky Broadband have with regards to each other but it's likely to be closely intertwined) so whilst they did offer me a reasonable discount you might find they can't match the current new customer deal.

If you cancel your broadband/phone before the 12 months is up you'll be liable for an early termination charge (no more than what you would have paid if you'd have stayed until the end of the 12 months) although if it's only a matter of days you may be able to get NOW TV to waive that if you ask them.

You can however cancel the entertainment pass before the 12 months is up should you wish and you won't be charged for that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Andy, I wish the customer service guy had explained it as well as you!

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User now is a subscription service so it will automatically roll over to standard service which is pay monthly. Payments will be as PAYG rates unless you agree a deal. Cancellation should be in last month this tends to be standard across services.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.