cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changed tv now no sound???

Hi,
I have tried to move my now tv box upstairs to a tv which I have been given from a family member. It is quite a few years old (maybe 10) but has a hdmi port, scart etc. For some reason I can get the service to show programs but with no sound. I have reset the box and also checked the tv itself is not on mute. I have check the now tv box with the same scart lead downstairs and it works fine on that tv.
Does anyone have any suggestions please??
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User what box are you using. I am of course assuming that you are connecting via the HDMI port and scart was a typo.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Do you mean HDMI lead? As the boxes don't use a scart lead. 🙂

Maybe try a different hdmi lead. This can usually be the issue. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Can you post on here if possible the make and model number of the TV to enable us to check out the specifications of the TV to see if it is compatible with the nowtv boxes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, yes hdmi lead, the same lead work's on my lg tv downstairs but when moving upstairs to a goodmans ld2667d the box is working and I can view programs but with no sound??
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User do you have a spare lead you can try?
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I have just Googled the Goodmans TV model number not much information on the internet, but what i could find is that it is a HD Ready 720p LCD TV with both a HDMI and DVI port.

So on paper if you are using the HDMI port on the TV, then in theory the nowtv box should be compatible.

Like @caseyb1993 mentioned, with the TV and box switched off at the mains try a different HDMI cable, also make sure that the box is set at 720p in the settings menu.

Also try adjusting the audio settings in the box menu settings and see if there is anything in the TV sound settings that is effecting the sound. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do other HDMI connected devices work okay with your Goodmans television?

Some HDMI enabled televisions offer an option to disable audio. Have you checked your Goodmans for this option?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried two different cables 😞