cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Broadband keeps dropping

Have done all the tests online and says unable to sort online so have to call them tomorrow due to it being  a home network connection issue.  How is that possible when nothing has changed but also means no proper internet connection so daughter is unable to do homework for college.  Do we also get money back for lack of service? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

You would need to speak with our Combo Tech team so they can go through troubleshooting with you. We would normally apply loss of service from the first contact you made regarding the fault over the phone so please contact them as soon as possible so that the issue can be fixed as soon as possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My mum who is in her 80's and just recently widowed and disabled has been having the same issues. I live 140 miles away and my brother isn't very tech minded but also isn't always on hand. Nothing has been touched every time she has these issues. Three times now her connection has dropped.She can't use the service correctly so is not fit for purposes. She is paying for a service which she cannot access. They keep telling her it is the home setup but an engineer who came out the last time (Friday) told her everything was set up correctly. The internet worked for approx an hour before going off again. We need her connected as we are her port of call online if she is in trouble and needs help, when talking to NowTV they said I needed to do some troubleshooting which meant unscrewing the phone box. I said surely your engineer should have checked that, only to be told that this is our responsibility not his. But he is a telephone engineer. I also said he didn't even check whether mum could get into NowTV to see if she could get catch up and the guy on the phone said he is a telephone engineer not a TV engineer. Now TV need to be a bit more supportive and helpful or even maybe employ engineers that actually do testing when they arrive. I'm of the opinion it is either the filter or even the modern which is faulty. Not happy and now considering other service suppliers. Would definitely not recommend to friends steer clear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

welcome to my world. the wifi is terrible, the ethernet connection is just as bad, on 2nd router and tbh rather throw it out with the trash as its the old sky routers that gave so much trouble. 10 months of dropping connection at least once a day, the tech crew did their best but i gave up calling its a waste of time with these routers, in all my years of fibre this and sky were only 2 issues i ever had with a provider, and coincidentally enough they were same routers. never ever again will i sign up for nowtv or sky their routers are terrible.

the one ray of sunshine is my contract is about to be up and im out of here

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Started using the broadband a few days ago couldn't get ower how bad it was and how much it dropped out. I had an old router lying around, connected it up and since have had no problems. Obviously the routers they give you are garbage. 

Before I tried the 2nd router I called up and they asked me to do a load of nonsense like changing my channel....sigh