cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Flashing light during setup

Just received my new Nowtv box and followed the instructions.  Plugged in the HDMI cable etc and the setup started.  Put in the password for my wifi and found a page to select my screen setup, then it froze.  Can't do anything.  It will not respond to the remote at all.  I have tried taking the cables out and taking it back to factory settings, even reset the router, but all I get is flashing lights and no response.  When I put the cable back in I get a regular flashing light and the Nowtv page comes up.  Then the 'Lets Get Started' page but the light starts flashing in two flashes then a rest, two flashes then a rest, and I can't get past this.  Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

It may be that you have a faulty box. Did you buy it from the NOWTV website/online or in a store? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for reacting to my post.  It's a reconditioned one that Nowtv have sent me.  I have just tried my 'Service Status' and it says there is a 'fault detected'. In FAQs it states that this is a network issue and there's nothing I can do about it.  So what do I do now?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am guessing you checked the service status by going to My Account > Check Service Status ?

If so, did it say it was a Broadband or TV issue ( just to let you know that i just checked my service status and it states TV fault  and on the drop down arrow it mentions about the Floyd Mayweather fight on the Sky Sports Box Office App which i haven't ordered where my NowTV box is still working fine).

If it is relating to your broadband and you are a NowTV Combo customer then i would suggest contacting the NowTV Combo Team.

The flashing white light could mean a few things, such as not connecting to the internet, box attempting a software update, HDMI loss of signal or box could have a developed a fault. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same as you schnapps.  TV fault and then the ad.  Have gone through it with Nowtv and they are sending me new one.  Thanks for your input.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Darn it @schnapps, you beat me to it. 😉

If the box is faulty, I recommend you jump on live chat to let them know about it. They should advise you to return it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories

Click the green contact us button at the bottom of the link and select live chat. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did what you suggested Casey and contacted Nowtv.  They are sending me another one.  Hopefully that will be better.  Thanks for your response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ACCEPTED SOLUTION