cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Black box forgets my Now TV login details

Every so often (once a week or so) my black Now TV box forgets my login details and I have to re-enter them to watch Now TV.  This almost never happened with my white box.

Does anyone else get this?  Is there a fix?

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

Does anyone else get this?

Not seen that on my box before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@DarylM wrote:

Every so often (once a week or so) my black Now TV box forgets my login details and I have to re-enter them to watch Now TV.  This almost never happened with my white box.

Does anyone else get this?  Is there a fix?

I just had it a few minutes ago and had to sign in again, first time i've had it though with the black box and i was just in the process of restarting my box because Youtube had gone lo-res again.

Maybe NowTV have just done some maintenance ?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

It used to happen on rare occasions with my white box.  With that, I would just exit the Now TV app and go back in again - at which point it would usually remember my details again.  This method does not work with the black box.

If it happens again I will try restarting my box instead and see what happens.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Black Boxes in my setup (4 Devices - 3 Black Boxes, 1 AppleTV) keep forgetting their log in details too. The boxes are switched off at the power when not being used and when I have the issue (it has happened 4 times on different boxes since I got them) I have turned on a box to use it and it is displaying the buy passes screen and doesn't recognize any of the passes I have already bought and isn't logged in to my account. There doesn't seem to be an option to just re enter my log in details so I have had to reset the boxes each time and go through the setup procedure to re-enter log in details.

Please can someone tell me why this is happening, how I can stop it and if not, is there an easier way to re-login the box without having to factory reset and go through the startup procedure again?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the sign in problems.

The NOW TV Boxes are designed to be kept on at the mains. They automatically go into standby mode when not in use.

I think that your unplugging them may be why you're having this issue. Can you try keeping the NOW TV Boxes plugged in for a few days and let us know if it resolves the issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply - I was told to unplug the boxes from the mains after each use by Live Chat when I first got the boxes and everytime I tried to watch on a difference device it said there were too many simultaneous streams even when the other boxes were in standby and wouldn't let me watch on more than one device at a time. The Live Chat team member said the NOW TV boxes should be unplugged from the mains when not in use so that they were not being counted as being watched (this solved the issue with simultaneous stream error message).

Please can you tell me what to do - I need to be able to switch between watching on the different devices and watch any combination of 2 of my devices at a time but I also need them not to forget their log in details?

Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As long as you press the "Home" button on your NOW TV Box remote, it will take you out of the NOW TV app. After a couple minutes, the system will recognise the stream as having ended.

So please, keep the NOW TV Boxes plugged in and see if that helps with the siging in error.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have purchased a black box today and finally managed to set up login details.  Its asking for these everytime i want to watch something...which is really annoying?! On sky you just flick from programme to programme....how do i switch this off?!  Thanks!!!!