cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power Saving Mode

My stick has stopped going into power saving mode, It now permanently stays in screen saving mode. * bouncing now tv logo )

After 10 or so minutes of inactivity it goes into screen saving mode, And then after 4 hours of inactivity it used to go into power/sleep saving mode.

I have gone into settings unchecked then checked the switch off in 4 hours but has made no difference and the stick it very warm 24 hours a day even when tv is turned off.

Do I need a new stick? How long is average life span of a stick? Mine is around 1 and a half years old.

Kind Regards

Cheryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A factory reset would also fix any corrupted software on your Stick, but these are the instructions below how to go into the secret menu on your Stick to undertake a forced software update.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

If your Sony TV has the suitable USB on it (5V DC 1A) which might not be provided on older TV's where neither of my two much older Panasonic Plasma TV's from 2009 and 2010 have the suitable USB port on them.

Then if the USB port can power the Stick reliably without the low power warning message on your television screen, then i would go down the USB route rather than the mains adapter.

Mainly because you have the need for one less plug in your mains outlet socket and the Stick should automatically power off (on most televisions) when you switch the TV into standby mode.

There shouldn't be any noticeable difference in performance wise either way between using the mains supplied adapter or television USB port (as long has the television USB port can output the right constant power supply to run the Stick).

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

with new software update the power saving has went from 4 hours to just 20min on now tv stick

not happy with this