cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Stick static screen

Just got a new Philips TV, and no Now TV app, so got a stick, but when you switch inputs and the stick has gone into power save mode, you only get static on the screen, if you pull it out then back into the hdmi, without powering it off, it comes back to life and the static disappears.....anyone with the same issue ?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Strangely enough i get the same problem with my NowTV 4K Smart Box when using my Philips 58PUS8545/12 television.

The only way i can clear the static screen is to reboot the power on the box every time i want to use it which is frustrating 😡.

It looks to me there is a HDMI handshake or HDMI conflict between the NowTV device on initial switch on and my specific Philips TV.

My older NowTV Smart Freeview box (on the older software doesn't have this problem using the Philips television).

I know the NowTV 4K box and NowTV Stick is using a newer firmware version compared to my older NowTV Freeview Smart box.

To be honest i haven't played around with different HDMI ports or under the Philips TV menu settings under General HDMI Ultra HD set to either Standard or Optimal.

Nor have i tried playing with the different Display settings on the NowTV 4K box, where i haven't had much time to be honest and i am mainly using other devices at the moment.

i also got a NowTV Stick that works fine on my Panasonic Plasma TV, which i could try out on my newer Philips Android TV when i have got some spare time.

in the meantime if nobody else encounters the same problem, then maybe send an email to NowTV to report it (use the email address in this screen shot below).

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so only way to solve this is to disable power saving on the stick then it doesn’t have the problem anymore