cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only one device shown in App to connect to for virtual remote

Hi all,

I have three sticks which have all worked perfectly until now.

In the NowTV app, if I hit the button to display all devices to connect to, only one device is show.

They are all on the same network and if I use the Roku virtual remote app, it picks all three up instantly.

I've rebooted all three sticks and the router but the same thing occurs. I've also checked to ensure all are up to date,

Why is this and how do I resolve the issue?

Regards

Mitch 

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't usually use the Roku Remote App on my smartphone or tablet (more old school and prefer the supplied remote), so i doubt i will be much help in this case apart from the basic stuff below.

1. See if a fresh download of the Roku Remote App makes any difference.

2. If your Sticks are plugged into the TV USB port for power, make sure the television is not in standby where when the power is off it may not discover the Sticks on the Network.

3. If your Router is dual band and it auto syncs between both bands, then try the maunal 2.4ghz or 5ghz output wifi settings in your Router.

4. Don't know if this has any bearing on the matter, but go into the Stick settings, under System, Advanced System Settings, then Control by Mobile Apps and make sure it is in default mode and not Disabled.

Hopefully other forum members will come to your rescue with the exact advice what's gone wrong.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Many thanks for your suggestions and quick reply, much appreciated.

We never use the app either, it's just we've lost the remote! 🙂

That's one of the main things I wish NowTV would implement in their setup as per Roku, the ability to locate the remote control via app if lost!

This issue here isn't the Roku Remote App, that works absolutely fine and picks up all devices. It's the NowTV app thats got the issue.

TV is definitely on and I tried connecting via NowTV app once Roku had connected and checked for a system update.

The router being used only kicks our 2.4GHz, plus they are all connected to the same router, one shows up and all three show up in Roku.

Regarding Control by Mobile Apps, I'll check this, however given the Roku connected fine I'm assuming this will already be set to default.

Maybe a redownload of the NowTV app is the quickest and easiest check next.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Edit - i have removed this post because it wasn't relevant to what you are after 😡.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think i have totally misunderstood your first post and to be honest i am not sure what you are asking or trying to do.

Perhaps another forum member will understand the question and have the answer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Apologies in advance i am still trying to rattle my brain what you are trying to resolve.

Are you using an iphone and using the NowTV App from the iphone to control / cast or discover your NowTV sticks ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv 

I know with regards to casting from the NowTV App on the iphone to the NowTV box or stick has been problematic for a few customers recently.

Should i be totally off track on the subject matter, then please ignore this post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

If you open the NowTV app, in the top right you will see the search/magnifying glass icon and the cast icon (or you should).

Now, if NowTV devices such as my sticks are detected, another icon should appear which is a square with the words Now or NowTV in it. I would post an iPhone screenshot, however now when I open the app none of the devices are shown so the icon above doesn't show!

I'm using the NowTV app on my iPhone to try and connect to a specific stick to use my iPhone as the remote. I'm not trying to cast, however I've tried and that works absolutely fine.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an iPhone and have no experience with the NowTV App features for iPhones when it comes to using the virtual remote or casting feature.

Hopefully other forum members who own an iPhone and use the virtual remote on the NowTV App will offer you some further help.

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No worries @schnapps 

Cheers for your help, much appreciated.