cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red4eva
Mentor

Replacement remote for Nowtv stick

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement remote for NowTV stick? I need to update WiFi and so Roku virtual remote won't connect.

All the options on Amazon specifically say NOT for the stick.  NOW customer service say they're available at any retailer 🤷🏼‍♀️

11 REPLIES 11
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Red4eva 

Customer service is telling you half a lie. The NOW stick is no longer made nor sold. 

If you are lucky you might find one somewhere. As for replacement remote try eBay.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Red4eva 

You will likely find it cheaper, and more satisfactory, to buy an HD Roku Express to replace the Now Stick, than try to buy a remote suitable for the Now Stick at the inflated prices seen on eBay.

But while considering the Roku Express, do investigate the 4K version, if you have a 4K TV, for £10 more. Or even the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, at the top of the range,

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/players

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Red4eva
Mentor

Thanks - I have a chromecast that's not being used so will probably just revert to that

RoyB
Legend

@Red4eva 

A trick we use when changing routers is to set the SSID and password the same as it was on the previous router.

Then you don’t have to change a single device in your property, and the Roku remote app will continue to work for you.

Just remember if ever you factory reset your router, it will revert to its delivery settings, and you will need to re-establish the changed SSID and password you are using. Still better than having to change all your devices up front, though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Red4eva
Mentor

Not sure how to do that - it's not just a new router it's a new provider

Jayach
Elite 3

I can't  think of any providers who don't let you change the SSID and password, although some do have minimum requirements that may be higher than you may have been previously using.

Red4eva
Mentor

They did say that they don't make them and obviously it says the same in the FAQs - I was using the roku app remote control but changed broadband and can't connect that.

They gave me a whole list of places they say sell them, including Amazon and Argos but I can't see them.

RoyB
Legend

@Red4eva 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Smart-Stick-Search/dp/B07CF71CDZ/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=now+tv+stick&qi...

It would be incredibly dumb to pay that for one, though, and even the cheaper ones you can find via the link.

RoyB
Legend

@Red4eva 

I think this readily available Roku Voice remote will work with the Now stick:-

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/accessories/roku-voice-remote