cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not connecting / Screen Freezes

It has been months now that my stick doesn't work properly.

I've tried everything, restarting the internet, resetting the remote control, changing batteries, and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Now it has been two days that we are trying everything and it just doesn't work anymore.

It gives me an error message first (sorry... we will come back, etc) and then the screen comes up but it is completely frozen.

The internet works fine, and if I connect on my notebook it works. The problem is only with the stick on the TV.

Can you send me a replacement stick and remote control ASAP? I am tired of trying to make it work every time, calling and just talking to robots, and giving me the same instructions.

Thank you,

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you ever try a full factory reset on your stick ?

To factory reset the stick, make sure the power adapter that came with the stick is plugged in and the stick is powered on, switch on your television and change the HDMI input source on your television to match the HDMI port plugged into the stick.

Then hold in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds until you see the "Lets Get Started" message on your television screen .

Then setup the stick and enter your wifi network and existing account details once again.

If that doesn't work where did you buy the stick from was it via the NowTV website or direct from a Retailer or Shop ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have attempted the factory reset, the screen is now frozen on the re-pairing page as the controller does not seem to be speaking to the stick.

As I have already said nothing seems to be working.

As you can see, we started this all on 26/12/2019 and are still without NowTV.

Please, please tell me where do I go from here.

All I need is a voucher from you to replace my stick and controller, which was under warranty at the time all this started.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you buy the stick directly from NowTV's website or from somewhere else ?

Perhaps have a read of this linked article about returning your nowtv stick and getting a replacement under warranty.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have looked at the link you sent about getting a replacement stick/controller, but cannot see anywhere to put the serial number of the unit
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you purchased the stick directly from NowTV then you need to get in touch with their online web chat service and they will ask you for the serial number of the faulty stick in question.

To reach live chat open the link below, then click on the small blue arrow underneath How to Get in Touch, then select TV then click the green chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/orders-returns/i-want-to-return-a-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
We have already done this and got nowwhere. I spent approx: 2 hours being passed around on the chat line from one person to another.
I have lost count the number of times I have been asked the same questions over and over again and got nowhere.
All I want is a replacement stick and controller and why you simply cannot do this I just cannot understand given all the information that I have sent to yourselves. And to say that you cannot locate my account, when you have already taken £8:99 in December is unbelievable.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Firstly i don't work for NowTV, where i am a customer just like you.

The forum is mainly used by fellow customers like ourselves and it's rare for anybody from the NowTV Staff to pick up posts on here especially on the weekend.

If you are not getting anywhere with NowTV live chat, then make a complaint, where you can write your grievance with them by either sending your frustration on the web form or write to them on the postal address on the link article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Sorry i couldn't help where i tried my best, but i can't help on account or replacement warranty matters.

Hope you get it sorted.