cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to connect to internet (now tv smart box and Virgin)

Hi All, 

So initially i had the 014 error, and followed the forum steps to disable pings. That didnt work.

I then followed more guides to set up guest wifi on the virgin router and when i connect to the new network i now get error code 009. It will connect to wifi and local network, but not internet.

The devices are fairly close together (as much as possible) and with no obstacles.

I have factory reset several times, also tried the router channel settings to AUTO and it doesnt work.

I wasted about 4 hours on this already including live chat with Now TV and an hour with virgin on the phone!

What am i missing here, please help if you have any ideas!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know you don't want to hear this,but I am on Virginmedia and my box connect first time.

Can you move the box near the router and try again 

Legend 5
Legend 5

To be honest I am on Virgin too, never had any issues connecting to the Smart box or other boxes. I do however use 5ghz for smart box. Lounge box is now on Ethernet but was on 5ghz. I do wonder if in part the issue is how different folk have their Virgin set up.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.