cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Internet Box

Hi,

I have NOW TV powered by PCCW in HK and think its rubbish as much of the programmes are so old and I hate watching Chinese subtitles - very distracting. So I bought the the Nowtv internet box.  Followed the instructions for setup to the letter.  My NowTV account seems to be conflicting with my NowTV account in HK.  

If I want to watch iplayer or any programme at all it wont allow me to do so?  My NowTV login details dont work on the NowTV box but work OK on my laptop and phone??  How can I make the new little box work so I can watch effectively?

Regards

Helen Tominey

40 REPLIES 40
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Helen

You may not know this but Now TV apps and hardware are not suppose to work, and in most cases do not, outside of the UK.

I'm guessing here but if you got Now TV hardware to work in Hong Kong then it must have been jail broken, that is modified to work outside of it's normal parameters.

Therefore, if I am right, Now TV will not offer or give you any technical support.

However, if I am wrong then contact Live Chat on the following: http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices between 8.00am - 12 Midnight British Summer Time.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Bob,

NowTV is the main TV in Hong Kong. It's powered by PCCW. When I contacted
Sky...it was them who told me to get the NowTV box and when I register to
use my UK postcode and bank account and you could use this box anywhere in
the world including Hong Kong?
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Helen

Today, you have taught me something new (thank you for that) I was totally unaware that Now TV could work in Hong Kong.  You know, I had actually heard that Now TV was in Hong Kong but thought it was a different company using the same name.

OK, then you will definitely have to contact Live Chat at http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Supported-devices (between 8.00am - 12.00 pm BST).  Remember to explain you were directed by Sky to buy your Now TV hardware.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Bob ..will do ...fingers crossed.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Please let us know how you get on (my fingers are also crossed).

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately as mentioned NOW TV cannot be accessed from outside the UK, the service is geoblocked for licensing reasons. BBC, ITV etc also block access to their services from outside the UK for the same reason.

Although part of the same parent company, the Sky TV customer service number only deals with Sky TV and broadband products so the person you spoke to wouldn't necessarily be familiar with NOW TV, although to be fair they really should have known it's not accessible outside the UK.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy,

The link that was sent to me by the Sky team advertises that the box can be
used anywhere in the world,?

This is the link

<removed>

If this is wrong then surely they would be done for misrepresentation .

Thanks Andy.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I am sorry to say but I think you have been duped.  This is Now TV a UK based company fully owned by Sky.  The service you have  (removed) is not the same.  You cannot watch this service outside of the UK.   Unfortunately you have not come to the right place to get help with your service.  

Also that link you shared is nothing to do with Sky.

However you will need to cancel any passes on this service and it might be prudent to get chat to remove any card details. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Yep, unfortunately the site link you gave isn't an official Sky website, they are a third-party selling the box together with a device intended to bypass the restrictions put in place by NOW TV. Trying to access the service in this way would be a breach of the terms of service. 

If it was them that you spoke to on the understanding that they were official Sky representatives then you have been misled. Unfortunately the NOW TV Team wouldn't be able to offer you any support in this case, and it would be against the rules of the forum for us to try and offer help getting that kit working.

I think the best thing you can do is to contact them back and try and come to some solution between you. Sorry!