cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kay_ann123

Ads

Why am I still seeing ads on demand I’ve tried to shut it down ect but they are still there. What is the point in paying for boost if I still have ads? Is it a con? 

6 REPLIES 6
Dyserthbloke
Mentor

Same here. Well, I'm supposed to have it free for a month, as part of the movies offer,  but I'm still getting adverts. ( just thought : does it only apply when you are watching a scheduled programme, rather than catch up ? )

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kay_ann123 @Dyserthbloke 

Are we talking NOW content trailers? As they are not classed as adverts, or is it third party adverts such as Tesco?

If it's the latter then sign out and back in. Adding boost can take up to 4 hours to kick in.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Dyserthbloke
Mentor

Thanks, I'll try that. tbh I only got boost because it was free as part of the movies offer. I won't be paying £6 per month for it, must remember to cancel it before Dec 25th. 😊

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dyserthbloke 

Trust me, I haven't paid £6 ever for boost. Play the cancel game and you'll get discounted rates for retention, which is why I am paying £2 and have been for a looooooong time haha

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Dyserthbloke
Mentor

Cheers 😄👍

RoyB
Legend

@Kay_ann123 @Dyserthbloke 

Boost can only stop adverts on On Demand programmes; on the live channels, they will continue to be shown.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.