cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The 18/10/16 Fault Fix And How Is It Going to Fix My Box

So I got the box issue of continus reboot and double flashing white Led. So I did a factory reset thinking a reload of the software would fix the issue. It didn't.

Now the box get the the LETS GET STARTED section and then loops a reboot.

MY question is when your Tech department fixes the issue how an I going to unload the new firmware to the box as it reboots before internet settings can be entered? In other words an update seems impossible or am I missing something?

35 REPLIES 35
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's not clear yet what's causing the issue so it may not be software related. Best thing to do is wait for the issue to be resolved and then see if you can setup the box successfully. If not you can post back.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Now-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208

If you haven't already, I'd suggest going to that post and clicking Topic Options>Subscribe (you need to be signed in to do this) and then you should get an email when there is an update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback.

If no internet connections from my box to Now TV's server are possible, I think this is going to be a interesting fix!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User good point! We'd better see what happens (and I'd recommend anyone else reading this doesn't do a factory reset!) I'm sure the NOW TV Team will figure something out *crosses fingers behind back* 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes probably good advice to others not to factory reset as all box communication with server will be lost like mine.

It was the logical thing to try when everything else failed but this may be the dawnfall to any fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad it's not just me. What a pain! Seems like it's been out for a while. Any eta now Tv? Definitely a P1 incident !
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Glad it's not just me. What a pain! Seems like it's been out for a while. Any eta now Tv? Definitely a P1 incident !

@Anonymous User Until NOWTV respond to this linked post, then sadly no.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-box-issues-18-10-2016/m-p/403208#M353

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

A very strange issue and not effecting everyone. It may be down to various batches of box produced at certain dates that are effected.

I don't se an easy solution if our boxes can't communicate with the Now TV server.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not all boxes are affected. Our black one suddenly started a reboot cycle sometime ago and is still going. Our older white box is problem free.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm a firm believer of "If It ain't Broke Don't Fix It".

Shame the likes of Software/Hardware producers don’t heed notice and stop tweaking and upgrading a product for little or no benefit to its customers. Then a bug appears that Bricks Boxes or other devices, cost them time and money and loses customers along the way. And for what I ask myself....