cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Sound

Hi last week we had an issue with no sound from our Now TV box this was rectified by switching power of and on again. Today we have been using it with no problem but suddenly it has decided to loose sound again (picture is crystal clear). I have tried all solutions suggested such as resetting etc but nothing is working. I'm told there is maintenance on Wednesday afternoon but that shouldn't cause an issue now, should it? Will this maintenance fix my issue? Is there something else I can try? Is anyone else having the same issue? I have been an advocate of NowTV and I don't want to change my opinion it is such a good service - I'm hoping this is just temporary or easily fixed.
16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You could try these suggestions in my post on this linked thread below (might be worth a shot if you haven't tried all of them).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/No-sound-from-my-tv/m-p/439138#M10335

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi and thank you. It is the black box we have. Thank you again
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi and thank you. It is the black box we have. Thank you again

Hi @Anonymous User,

As you can see your new topic (along with any replies) has been moved out of the forums 'NOW TV Smart Box' sub-section and into the dedicated NOW TV Box (black) sub-section...

Out of interest. What's the make and model number of your TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been through the same process but still no solution. I'm wondering if it is an issue effecting some boxes. Ours isn't new although it is the black bbox.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Perhaps try a forced software update on the box, by pressing the following buttons on the RC.

Home X 5, FF >> X 3, RW << X 2 (times) bit of a long shot but worth a try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our TV is a non smart Goldman's tv that is over 5 years old. DTV works fine and the DVD player works fine. We only have one HDMI port but have tried another cable.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Our TV is a non smart Goldman's tv that is over 5 years old. DTV works fine and the DVD player works fine. We only have one HDMI port but have tried another cable.

Hi @Anonymous User,

If your TV only has one HDMI input, how do you select between devices? If it's through an HDMI switch what happens if you directly connect your 'black' box to your TV?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry the DVD player connects through yellow red and white jacks not HDMI. Only the now box uses HDMI.