cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanW
Mentor

Discovery+ sound sync

I have the Discovery+ app on my Now box, thanks to my BT Sport subscription. But every stream on the Discovery+ app, both catch up and live, including Eurosport, has a fraction of a second delay between sound and vision. May not seem all that bad, but it is. Apart from speech being out of sync with the speaker's lips, sports commentators react to events that are about to happen, e.g. overtakes and crashes that are about to occur. I've asked Discovery about this. Their "solutions" are variants on that old favourite "turn it off and on again," or "uninstall and reinstall." Done both, didn't solve it. This doesn't happen on any other app, including BT Sport. Is it just me?

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlanW 
What about unplugging your box and also router for a few minutes?

Take it the box has its system software fully updated?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AlanW
Mentor

Box is always unplugged when not in use. I also usually reset the router before using the box. So both caches are cleared before each usage.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AlanW 

If you are not using a 5.1 surround system, then a bit of a long shot go into the NOW Box settings and change Audio to Stereo.

To access Settings on the NOW box, keep clicking on the back button (button next to Home key on remote) when on the main NOW home screen until you see an extra menu on the left-hand side of the screen which also includes Settings.

AlanW
Mentor

Already done. Made no difference whatsoever.  And again, I stress, only on Discovery+ app. Even Bt Sport, their partner, which was the king of buffering on a pc, works perfectly on the Now Box. Hopefully the merged channel will make use of their technology.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlanW 

The merged channel will be available on Discovery+, there won’t be a new streaming service.

AlanW
Mentor
In which case I hope they switch over to BT/EE technology for it! I wonder who'll be the first to stop taking my subscription? Bt or Eurosport? I suspect Bt will cancel it, since it's part of my phone bill, and Eurosport will transfer it.

AlanW
Mentor

NB Although the solutions so far have been marked as Solved, that's only because I accepted the answers. That doesn't mean that they worked. They didn't. As far as I'm concerned the topic is still open.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlanW 

Report the issue with staff via live chat. Which can be accessed by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address from the below picture.

B3C7233E-0BEB-4562-9005-138B05362341.jpeg

You should also report the issue directly with Discovery+.
https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new

AlanW
Mentor
Done that. "uninstall and reinstall." Turn it off and on again." Doesn't work.