cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Network error when trying to log in on NowTV box

I've reset my password TWICE and can login on my laptop and smart phone no problem but my NOWTV box is freaking out and keeps telling me it's the incorrect password.

Even reset the box and NOTHING.

Anyone else having these issues? Seems like it has happened before.

Thanks,

alyssa

379 REPLIES 379
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which steps have you tried?

Disabling pings?

Renaming the 5GHz SSID on the Super Hub?

Enabling the Guest Wifi on the Super Hub and trying to connect to that?

Normally one of those will get it working for a Virgin customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
yes disabeling pings, that was the problem i had when i started two years
ago, there is a way to do this from the remote when you go into settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same. New box so thought it was just me. Hopefully an update from someone soon
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently talking to Linette on live chat. There seems to be a known issue and she is trying some checks at the moment to see if it helps. Will update once I know more 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, warning do NOT re-set your box as this causes even more issues as the box then tries to download an update and goes into a loop re-booting then freezes until it is re-set again. This appears to be a NowTV issue and they need to sort ASAP!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a known issue, there is a yellow banner appearing on this site now. The technical team are working on it, no time frame but should be sorted soon according to live chat.

She apologised for the fact that a lot of customers have reset their boxes opposed to just leaving them to sign into.

Bit late for that apology I feel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad I at least found this thread. I got my new box today and it's my first one. I set it up just before this issue seems to have started then youtube stopped working just got a black screen when launching it. I tried BBC iplayer and it worked fine..... Tried removing youtube and installing it again, then did a factory reset 😞 At least I got to watch Fury on Skoy Movies before it all went Pete Tong! 

Does anyone know if this sort of thing happens often? At the moment I am stuck at the 'Lets get started' stage haha.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anyone know if this sort of thing happens often? At the moment I am stuck at the 'Lets get started' stage haha.

No, it's a rare occurrence, no doubt not helped by lots of people having bought cheap offers in the Black Friday sales.

The service isn't down as such, it's working fine on my box, but that's because I'm already logged in. The issue is only stopping people logging in, not watching on boxes that are already logged in (no help to you of course, but once you do get logged on the box stays logged in!)

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

For anybody waiting on live chat, there's nothing they will really be able to do until the technical problem is fixed.

Best thing to do is pop onto the service status post

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/NOW-TV-Box-not-currently-working/m-p/339690#M202

and subscribe to the topic (click Topic Options - Subscribe) you'll receive an email when the problem is fixed. You should then be able to log in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea I am logged in on mobile, PS4, PS3 and laptop all the while. It's weird though that when I was logged into the box that when I selected youtube after initially working and logging into youtube itself etc, when I went back to it 20 minutes later and tried to launch it I only ever got a black screen inc after reinstalling it etc 😞 I was hoping that was all related to this thing, but maybe not 😮