cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error 009

Black NOW TV box connected via Ethernet / Powerline adapter to router. Had to factory default box, began to setup Wired connection, Internet unavailable (Error 009). Disconnected Ethernet cable, attempted to setup wireless connection, same result (Error 009).

Connected 2nd  unused Black NOW TV box via Ethernet cable, connected to Internet OK, box processes updates, result Error 009.

White NOW TV box connects via wireless OK.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Use the hidden menu reset process detailed at https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-tv-box/td-p/488878# and if that doesn't work use a pin to reset it using the RESET button hole on the back of the box.

This should update the box to the latest software (takes a long time like up to an hour) and overcome the can't connect to internet through a mobile phone wifi hotspot problem.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy

I spoke to my provider and realised it is because I am not in the UK. They have suggested I put the UK router in front of everything else and use the wifi to get it to the Nowtv box.

I guess that is the only option

Regards

Ken

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can't use Now outside of UK. It is a breach of terms. I would therefore expect Now would block your subscription @Anonymous User

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Any understood

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have done all these secret menus and checks-cant find any way of changing to WPA2 on my virgin router and cannot see where it tells u which channel it's on but otherwise have exhausted all methods. Please help! Before this the TV box was the most reliable of all formats used to view, so frustrating as I have no aerial in bedroom so this is the only way of watching upstairs. Otherwise I'll just have to cancel my subscription and go Roku...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok, found the wpa2 thing under guest network so seems to work now. Hope that's it...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear you got it working @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Grahame 

The 009 error is caused by a disruption between your broadband router and nowtv box

Could you try rebooting your router and doing a reset of your black nowtv box by holding in the reset button at the back for 30 seconds while the router is turned off

Then try your connection to the box again

Hope this helps

Aaron

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any update on this, have reset wifi, set up guest ssid, changed DNS, wifi channel, reset, turned pings on and off, box is connected to the wifi, but bloody roku o/s insists no Internet when there is, any way of bypassing the Dns check just to get it to boot?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Can you have a look at a few posts on this Topic to see if anything here can help you with this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only connect to my router via Ethernet (Powerline Adapter).

Tried the solution offered by AaronR1, connected to a TV next to the router, still go Error 009.

This must be a firmware issue, when I connected a 2nd (brand new) Black Now TV box it connected to the internet OK, after downloading updates it failed due to Error 009.