cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue screen flashes

After the software update the blue screen flashes are getting so bad watching anything is pointless as the loss of picture blue screen flash gets so annoying that my subscription is being cancelled as this is not as advertised and not up to the standard the only way to get this problem fixed is to stop paying on mass then it would be fixed fast 

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just been watching Utd vs Spurs through my Smartbox and kept getting a blue screen but could hear the commentary.  Downloaded the app to my phone and casted to my TV using Chromecast and didn't have this issue.  Clearly an issue with Smartbox.  Have to agree with other comments too regarding the new menu, it's not easy to use and find programmes etc

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this problem since the software update and it seems s making watching a nightmare.

Interestingly it doesn't happen when I connect through to Netflix and I player through the box apps, so it must be caused bt NOW TV

We have also lost the ability to choose whether to watch a live program from the beginning or current place. Also the watch list only seems to log 13 programs now, but when you search for a program it says it has s on your watch list but doesn't appear!

Sort it out Now TV, I've paid you huge amounts of money over the years, or do the honourable thing and send a suitable replacement if you are not going to support my item properly. The box has been a lifeline during serious illness over the last 18 months 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also getting blue screen flashes,spoils viewing I will have to cancel if it cannot be fixed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing picture setting to 720 cured the problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this problem and I tried setting at 720 as has been suggested. Unfortunately, this made no difference. The problem is definitely with the black box as I have put Now TV on my laptop and have no blue flashes at all! Would I have the same problem with a Now TV stick I wonder?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried unplugging your router and box for a few minutes? 

Worst case is to set the device back to factory settings.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion. I reset to factory settings and for an episode of Your Honour it worked perfectly (no blue flashes). However, when I went back for the next episode the damn flashing had returned. The box is currently disconnected. If the problem occurs again when I reconnect it will probably be disconnected permanently and my subscription cancelled. I'll let you know if you wish!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Very strange! To me it could be telltale signs that the Now TV black box could also be on the way out?

What I would strongly recommend is purchasing an Amazon Fire stick as its proven to be more reliable than a Now TV stick. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008 

You know Gavs

There seems to be an inordinate amount of things going wrong with Now TV stuff nowadays, for example I've found that even with my Win10 laptop I cannot log directly into this forum, I have to get on via the Entertainment page.

And of course, Now TV customer services say that the forum has not been updated, as far as they can tell.

Moving on, it seems to me that we as customers are having reoccurring old problems rather than new ones, this for me points to a lack of maintenance, i.e. maintenance has been placed on the back burner and is no longer a regular event.

I'm guessing that this is now the shape of things to come.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

That's just it mate, only the head of Now TV will know what the routemap is and what they have installed for us. 

From a personal stand point, I really hope that User Profiles is at the front of the que! That and skip intro. 

As for the content, well I blame Sky 100% for the poor content we have and the "speed" they pick up NBC shows, because lets face it, Sky and NBC are both Comcast owned. The lack of Chicago show boxsets is just crazy and despite several emails to viewer relations no further forward!

You are spot on about the community, for the past 2/3 weeks its been a royal pain to get signed in properly. That's on my iPhone and iPad! Weridly, my laptop is the only device it works every time.