cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stuck on logo screen after factory reset

I have just got my now tv stick back from a family member & l have done a factory reset so I can use my own account details. It connected with the remote and broadband, then updated but when it restarted after the update it is just stuck on the blue now screen with a whirling circle. I have tried it on a different television but the same happened there too. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try unplugging the router for a few minutes?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I’ve tried that also but it’s still getting stuck. Thanks for trying to help though 😊

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try giving it another factory reset. Perhaps something went wrong during the start up process? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another thing you could try if you have a mobile with internet data is to use your smartphone has a temporary wifi hotspot.

After the factory reset and when selecting your Network choose your phone wifi hotspot and see if you get past the stuck logo screen.

Then if it does, allow the screen to fully load the NOW home screen page, then go into the Stick Settings and then swap back to your home Router.

If you don't have a phone with internet data on it, then if your Router is dual band try both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and make sure the wifi channel on your Router is one of the lower channel numbers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Just tried connecting to my phone (which it did no problem) but yet again it has got stuck following the restart after software upgrade. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How long have you left it on the stuck logo screen (does the small white light on the Stick body flash ?).

Where the Stick might be trying a software update and could take a while to update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I’ve tried about 6 times but it just keeps getting stuck at the same point. I’ve tried leaving it spinning and the television switched itself off after a few hours.