cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming at just 284 on Lg BD350 and 550

Hi all - have just reported this via chat, but thought I'd post here in case anyone has a simple solution.

BT homehub 5 connection @ 10mb, LG BD box hardwired to router using an ethernet cable.  Both boxes (in turn) give a streaming speed of just 284 on Sky Sports channels using the Now TV app. Apps updated to current version, nothing else running on the network (except my macbook !)

Any thoughts ?

Many thanks

Mike

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will do - many thanks for the tip. Is yours a 10/100 or gigabit switch? Thinking of picking up a TP Link one from Maplins at lunchtime.

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Originally I had one 16-port 10/100 switch (connected to a router in the loft). But as my network connected devices have grown I now run several TP-Link 8-port 'unmanaged' gigabit switches in various locations around the house...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It didn't work I'm afraid. It would be good to hear from anyone who has now sky Sports streaming in excess of 284 as, frankly, I'm beginning to think that it's a general glitch.

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It didn't work I'm afraid. It would be good to hear from anyone who has now sky Sports streaming in excess of 284 as, frankly, I'm beginning to think that it's a general glitch.

Bummer....

I'm unable to check the 'live streaming' speeds for any of the sports channels on my LG television as the F1 season does not begin until March.

I can however confirm that Sky Sports News HQ looks very good on my Now TV 'black' box. All the displayed text is sharp and easy to read. Is this channel only available at '284' for you too?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Mike

I doubt it's a general glitch otherwise the forum would be filled of LG users complaining.

@SeeMoreDigital the Sky Sports News HQ app is only for NOW TV boxes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Someone kindly contacted me today asking me to send them a speedtest - but the return email address is not monitored. And there's not one available on the website.  Aaarrrgghhhh !  How can anyone make anything so un-user friendly ?

Mike

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I've dug my old white box out and guess what ? It works fine, 720p standard picture. So it's not the connection.

Remember, these are two LG BD boxes with streaming capability, not LG TV's. I've seen plenty of posters with LG TV's, but no one else with these. Maybe the App is different - and flawed - on LG BD's compared to the one on LG TV's ?

Mike
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SeeMore - sorry yes, all sports channels including sky sports news, are 284. Thanks.

Mike
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I wonder...

Does your LG Blu-ray player offer something like a 'Factory Reset' mode?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

I wonder...

Does your LG Blu-ray player offer something like a 'Factory Reset' mode?

Hi @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

All consumer TV kit has a function like that, but the function is not always given the same name and is not always accessed easily. It might require some investigation to find function.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.