cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UE48JU6400 - ~5 MINUTES STREAM STOP'S

Hi all,

My TV had a recent firmware update to 1480 (maybe last Thursday), since then it doesnt matter if we watch the "boxsets" or stream live TV the app will buffer after around 5 minutes then play for a couple seconds before the stream stops and Im presented with the "Ooops, something went wrong" screen.

Its important to note it was working flawlessly prior to the 1480 firmware update, and that Netflix and Prime still function as they should.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Nige

3 REPLIES 3
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again? Such as: Re-booting your modem...

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes of course, sorry.

Ive rebooted my router 3 times since it happened (actally all in the same night). I ran a speed test which came back fine, I ran the "is there an issue" (something like that) tool on the VM website to check my line was all fine and that passed.

I ran the network  test on Netflix app to check the TV's internet connection and it ran through fine.

The TV is connected to my 100mb connection from Vigrin media via wifi from the SuperHub 2 supplied by VM. I can stream Netflix and Amazon Prime 4K content just fine and it looks great.

The TV as mentioned is running the latest OTA update (1480) and no-one on the Owners thread on the avforums has mentioned any issues. Though as I say the other apps work fine and are streaming at much higher bitrates.

I cant think of anything else to try, and I assume by now noone else has compained on here about the app since the latest update?

Kind regards,

Nige

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to update this, came home from work today and watched the Magnificent Seven all the way through. Whatever gremlin was causing it seems to have dissapeard.