Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot use Now TV app on LG TV - Error Code 2002 and 2004

Hi

I cannot use my Now TV app on my LG TV

The TV Model is LG TM2792S-SZ, I have tried "Initializing Premium".

Symtoms

--------------

It first gave me an Error Code : 2002

After I re-started the TV and "Initializing Premium", a few times I get Error Code : 2004

When I check the "My Account", I am logged in as Null, but cannot "Sign Out" and Sign back in

I also made sure I logged into my LG account on the TV

Now TV works on other devices I own

I have free slot for Managed Devices, so no restriction there

Can you help?

Thx

Ming

16 REPLIES 16
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Mingo,

Out of interest, is your monitors software fully up-to date?:

Link: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-TM2792S-SZ

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I should have also said I updated the TV software

I used the option in the Settings in the TV menu to do this

Is there another way?

Thx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I should have also said I updated the TV software

Thx

Mingo

Try signing out of your NowTV app , power the TV off at the mains give it a minute or so, then switch back on your TV and log back into your NowTV app.

Might be worth a shot.

I assume your other inbuilt smart apps work ok on the LG TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I've already powered down the TV at the mains

I cannot sign out of the Now TV app, as it says I am logged in as Null

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I've already powered down the TV at the mains

I cannot sign out of the Now TV app, as it says I am logged in as Null

Mingo,

OK, I know Secure More Digital and commanda6 who are highly respected forum community members here, both own and are more knowledgeable with LG smart TVs .

I am sure they will come up with some further suggestions and assistance to help you out.

I suppose your last resort would be to do a factory reset to your LG TV (don't do this mind, unless SMD or commanda6 says so) because you would have to set up your LG TV from fresh (all settings and apps would have to be re applied) and I am not sure if a Factory reset would have effect on your NowTV device limit and any apps from the LG store that you paid for would have to be re purchased ?

Lets see if SMD, commanda 6 or any other forum member who owns an LG smart TV  comes up with a solution.

Sorry, I could not be of any further help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perhaps try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling. Failing that you might have to do a factory reset of the TV.

I had a similar problem with another app on my LG smart TV, uninstalled the app, reinstalled and all fixed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

From recent experience, i can tell you that a factory reset does not affect your device limit.

It's also not that big a deal, you wait for it to start up, spend a few minutes reinstalling and signing into apps and your good to go.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
From recent experience, i can tell you that a factory reset does not affect your device limit.

It's also not that big a deal, you wait for it to start up, spend a few minutes reinstalling and signing into apps and your good to go.

PhilStation

That's good advice to know, never done a factory reset before on these modern smart TV's, so wasn't sure what effect it would have on the apps side of things.

With the older non smart TVs all you really had to do was to re adjust the picture and sound settings of the TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

How did you uninstall the App on the LG TV?

This is something I would like to do, but have been able to find a way

Signing out of the App also seems to do nothing