Sorry about the delayed reply.

Have you tried factory reset?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

Can you please let us know if you have tried a factory reset on your TV? 

If you have tried this and are still experiencing this issue, can you please provide us with the following info: 

TV Model number

LG TV firmware

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting exactly the same issue with my LG too. It's a wired connection with plenty of speed. Didn't have any issues before the update so that's clearly the problem. Please fix as inputting a long or complicated username / password with the magic remote every time is very annoying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User have you tried the factory resetting the TV? Several users reporting the issue has gone away since doing it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why should we have to do a factory reset? It's Now TV's problem to fix, not ours. Fundamentally their update has not worked for LG users so they need to fix it, end of.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting same problem on my lg tv too. worked fine before unneeded update.

I'm thinking of cancelling as its a pain. I'll stick with Amazon prime and Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here, drives us mad now ! Now TV just updated itself, the layout completely changed. Previous to this when we clicked on the icon it said 'signing in to...' Then our username andautomaticlly signed us in but now we have to manually sign in every time..... It's quite frustrating 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Could you try the steps in Karl's post above, then let us know if it still doesn't work? We've had lots of reports of a factory reset on the TV getting things up and running normally again.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like every time something goes wrong with "Now" we have to do a factory reset, even though there are no issues with any other streaming service. For many of us, we aleady have put the TV channels in the order we want them (with LG a useful but time-consuming task) have downloaded all our favourite apps, have favourited many radio stations in V-Tuner, have our colour/sound settings just as we want.
Then we have to reset and do all that again, just because the owners of the most expensive streaming service can't get it to work? "Laugh" and "having" springs to mind.
Next NOW will be telling everyone to get a new telly.
It's ridiculous, for the price everyone pays the service should be beyond perfection. If viewers are being treated as "testers" by Now then the service should be free until they get it right.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User it's just a suggestion for anybody willing to do it, as it apparently fixes the issue straight away. We're still looking into what causes the problem, but haven't been able to replicate it, and have had very few reports of it happening, which makes it difficult to resolve.

Thanks,

Tom