cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Starting to watch

Remind me please - I've bought a black box from John Lewis with a 1 month sports pass included.   I need to type in the pass code in order to activate the box.   Does that mean I've activated the box only meaning I can watch the standard offerings or does it mean I've done that and activated  use of the sports pass?  I'd rather keep the sports pass for later use. If it's not activated how long have I got before it runs out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User So when you are setting up a new account you do need to choose either a pass or free trial as part of the sign up process. It will encourage your friend to enter the sports pass code, and if they do  this the sports pass will start automatically.

However the best way around this is to sign up for a new account (just go to the NOW TV website, click My Account > Sign In and choose the Join Now option) and then either choose to join with a free trial of  entertainment or movies, or alternately there are some really good Black Friday offers for new customers that your friend might want to take advantage of.

This way your friend doesn't need to enter the code for their one month sports pass and can use it next spring. 

They then use their new account details when setting up their NOW TV box.

Just remind your friend if they sign up with one of the free trials to cancel it before the 14 days is up otherwise they will get charged.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With a one month sports pass once you have applied the code to your account the pass immediately activates

You can save your one month sports pass for future use by holding back applying the voucher code until you are ready, where you have an expiry date of one year from date of purchase.

Just remember with a month sports pass, it will auto renew until your cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks - can't find any date mentioned so I presume if I start using the box to watch NOW, as soon as I do so the pass starts?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you applied the 1 one month sports pass voucher code to your account already ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, because I haven't yet used the box at all
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Keep the one month sports pass voucher code scratch card safe for future use together with your John Lewis receipt where you can add the code to your account when you are ready to watch your 1 month sports pass (where you have a year before the voucher code expires from the date you bought the box with the included voucher from John Lewis).

You can still use your new NowTV box if you wish for the free Apps if you already have a NowTV account or if you setup a new account as a new customer.  

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps

Hi Stu

As you are a new user I would just like to add a few precautionary things you should know, so that you do not get caught out in the future, like so many newbies have.

1) Whenever you use your sports pass, or any other pass for that matter, always take a screen print of the accepted pass, i.e. the Now TV system confirms your pass has been applied to your account.

Should anything go wrong with your account, i.e. a computer glitch or some such, you have irrefutable proof that you have used a pass.

2) Many experienced Now TV users use passes, bought from retailers such as Amazon, Game, Currys, etc, in order to keep their viewing costs down.

3) Whenever using multiple passes, of which you can only use one at a time, always try to apply subsequent passes, to your account, within 10 - 15 days of your current pass ending (I call this the sweet spot) that way the Now TV system will never take money from your debit or credit card.

This method will insure the  new pass will automatically start immediately after the current pass ends.

4) Likewise, if you want to take a break from Now TV, and not auto-charged by the rolling system, then make sure you cancel your current pass no later than 5 days before it ends. Personally, I stick to the sweet spot, i.e. 10 - 15 days before ending, you will still get the full number of days remaining on your current pass but the auto-charging system will not kick in and so no money will be taken from your debit or credit card.

5) Again, take a screen print of the accepted cancellation of your pass.

6) Whenever you buy a pass from a retailer do not throw away the receipt, not until you have "used up" the pass or passes concerned.

7) As an added personal precaution I use, which has saved my bacon three times already, whenever I buy a pass (or passes) from a retailer I immediately check with Now TV's help chat that the pass is valid, i.e. nothing wrong with it, and that I can apply it either 6 or 12 months from date of purchase.

You see, I usually buy my passes well in advance of when I plan to use them and it's another form of keeping costs down, i.e avoids future price increases.

My post is a bit longer than I originally intended but I hope it proves useful.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your help. Sorry for not replying earlier but have been unavailable to reply. I bought the black box with a 1 month sports pass as a present for a friend.

When you buy these together you need to enter the pass code just to set up the NOW account. My confusion

remains - by entering the pass code does that activate only the box or does it also automatically activate the start of the sports pass at the same time? My friend wants to use the pass later in Spring 2018. My recollection some time ago was the 2 things were separate activations - I could watch standard catch-up and Iplayer without using the pass - but he doesn't think they are.

Can you clarify please. Apologies if I've not picked up on this from the earlier posts.

Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User So when you are setting up a new account you do need to choose either a pass or free trial as part of the sign up process. It will encourage your friend to enter the sports pass code, and if they do  this the sports pass will start automatically.

However the best way around this is to sign up for a new account (just go to the NOW TV website, click My Account > Sign In and choose the Join Now option) and then either choose to join with a free trial of  entertainment or movies, or alternately there are some really good Black Friday offers for new customers that your friend might want to take advantage of.

This way your friend doesn't need to enter the code for their one month sports pass and can use it next spring. 

They then use their new account details when setting up their NOW TV box.

Just remind your friend if they sign up with one of the free trials to cancel it before the 14 days is up otherwise they will get charged.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you very much Andy. I now understand.