cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not letting me watch anything when i have just paid !!!

I have paid for now tv entertainment pass and when i click on a programm to watch its saying i have to wait till next month to add another device but im not trying to add a device i just want to watch what i have paid for !!! can someone please help as this is illgal im being charged for something i cant watch !!!!!!! 

6 REPLIES 6
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have paid for now tv entertainment pass and when i click on a programm to watch its saying i have to wait till next month to add another device but im not trying to add a device i just want to watch what i have paid for !!! can someone please help as this is illgal im being charged for something i cant watch !!!!!!! 

Hi @Anonymous User

what device are you using and have you previously been able to watch now TV on it before? If you have the device you're trying to use should be one of your registered devices.

You can have up to 4 devices registered to a single now TV account, a device becomes registered when you watch now TV content on it for the first time. Once you have added your first four devices a device limit of one device change per calendar month comes into effect (which means on the first of every month. You can swap a device again, but note that device limits do not stack so if you haven't used your swap in the previous month, you won't then have two swaps on the next calendar month) , but if you time it right, you can swap to devices in quick succession Smiley Wink (if you were to swap a device on 30 April, you would be able to swap another one the day after on 1 May) 

The other thing that would be causing this issue is if you're using a PC and you've just done the Windows 10 upgrade. Have you just done the Windows 10 upgrade? If you are now on Windows 10. It's recommended you use the now TV Windows app instead of Silverlight . The now TV Windows app can be used as long as you're not using VGA as your display interface.

If you're using Windows 8 or above you can use the now TV Windows 8/10 app instead of Silverlight. This bypasses Silverlight completely, which means you should have far less issues. The app can be downloaded using the Microsoft store on Windows 8/10. It is downloaded and installed free of charge, but you will need a Microsoft account.

Be aware that the nowTV app will be seen as a different device by now TVs systems. So if you have four devices in your account. You would need to remove one of them

Another bonus of the Windows 8 app is that you get 720p HD on demand.

Live chat will probably sort out the devices issue for you. Now TV are usually very helpful with issues like this Smiley Happy

To get to live chat click here. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "contact us" and then click "live chat". 

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks alot for your time and help i thought you worked for them. I am trying to contact them and iv tried the live chat but i just cant seem to get any were and its really begining to upset me now as alls i want is to watch my programmes what i have paid for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your email back. I watch now tv on my tv from the box but because my internet went off i started watching it on my iphone 6 but then my monthly pass ran out and i couldnt pay it till a few days after but when i paid for it i recieved a recipt and it said i can start watching it so iv clicked on a programme to watch and it just keeps saying i have wait till next month to add a new device but i dont want to add a new device i just want to watch what i have paid for. I have removed the rest of the devices and just got my iphone on there so i dont understand please could you reset it so it will start working again or do something as im paying for something i cant use. I have never had this problem before so i dont understand why i have it now. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for your email back. I watch now tv on my tv from the box but because my internet went off i started watching it on my iphone 6 but then my monthly pass ran out and i couldnt pay it till a few days after but when i paid for it i recieved a recipt and it said i can start watching it so iv clicked on a programme to watch and it just keeps saying i have wait till next month to add a new device but i dont want to add a new device i just want to watch what i have paid for. I have removed the rest of the devices and just got my iphone on there so i dont understand please could you reset it so it will start working again or do something as im paying for something i cant use. I have never had this problem before so i dont understand why i have it now. 

Hi @Anonymous User

As the signature on my forum posts says I'm not a member of staff. Only a member of staff can sort out your device manager. To speak to live chat in order to get this resolved use the information I gave you in my post aboveSmiley Happy the device manager is quite a complicated affair and sometimes it has been known to do things. It shouldn't. The device limit is only meant to kick in once you've added your first four devices

I hope you get it sorted Smiley Happy

EDIT

And I just noticed your latest post after I hit post

One thing to note in order to use live chat. You will most likely have to use a laptop PC, desktop PC or Mac use of a mobile device is not recommended.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I've been watching Now TV on a monthly entertainment pass for the last few months. it's not fue to renew until next week, but tonight when I tried to watch Modern family, I got a notice asking me if I wanted to buy a monthly pass. No thanks - i already have one! I'm using an Apple TV box to stream. Hope someone can advise.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same problem. I've been watching Now TV on a monthly entertainment pass for the last few months. it's not fue to renew until next week, but tonight when I tried to watch Modern family, I got a notice asking me if I wanted to buy a monthly pass. No thanks - i already have one! I'm using an Apple TV box to stream. Hope someone can advise.

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum 🙂

Could you tell us if you are signing in with the same details which your entertainment pass is active on?

Thanks Niamh NOW TV Team 😉