cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Recommend a TV show on Now TV

If there is a TV show on Now TV which you feel is worth recommending to other users, please post a reply in this thread.  Or subscribe if you would like to see what users are recommending.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

289 REPLIES 289
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Like to give a shout out to "The Night Of" which is an eight episode HBO mini TV series from 2016 currently on Sky Atlantic.

I am not normally into a Murder Mystery type of TV show, but this TV show was sublime and the acting was top notch.

Highly recommended if you are struggling to find something on NowTV to watch.

It's five thumbs up out of five for me 👍👍👍👍👍.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

You know Schnapps

"Sublime" is not a word I would use to describe "The Night Of", I would call it "Realistically Dark" because what happens to the main character could happen to anyone.

And he was just on his way to a party. 

UK Bob

PS.  This show is also something I would not normally watch, In fact I'm finding it difficult to watch past episode 6.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy 

Fair enough if you think that Sublime is not a word that is fit or appropriate for this TV show.

Where in my opinion, this TV show was outstanding and i will stand by my comments and recommendation.

Sounds like you are finding this TV show a little disturbing or unsettling for your viewing tastes and maybe it's time to knock it on the head at episode 6 ?

Anyway i am looking for a few new TV shows to watch whilst waiting for the final season of Silicon Valley which hopefully will be coming to NowTV latter in the year.

Any Recommendations Bob ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps 

Well Schnapps

I wasn't saying you shouldn't recommend it, it is a good show and I did manage to finish it this morning, but potential viewers should be aware that it's primary content is mainly of what could happen to a young and naive person on a night out.

And the thought that smacked me around the head is, how many young guys, including myself when I was that age, has gone out on to a party on a Friday or Saturday night? 

(Trying not to reveal any spoilers)

At the moment, the shows I enjoy watching regularly are, everything works out in the end, US shows such as  S.W.A.T and For The People.

I've just started to watch The Tunnel.

I plan to start watching LA's Finest tonight.

I've just started to watch The Tunnel.

I also plan to continue watching the new seasons of  9-1-1, Orville, Bull, Ballers, Warrior, when they are next on.

However, the shows that I would recommend are: Warrior, Orville and 9-1-1.

Still, for people who want to watch something more serious, with the "There but for the grace of God, go I" vibe, then I too would recommend "The Night Of".

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Search It Up" From Azoomee is an awesome show for kids! It looks at using the internet safely. Loved it!

superglo2012
Scholar 3

If you have not seen Get Shorty, this really is so funny Chris O'dowd is brilliant and very well cast for this series. I recommend this as it will make you laugh out loud.

Glad to see FBI season 2 is back on. Coming next week Condor season 2 on the 15th.

Still waiting for the final Blindspot, Swat and Macgyver to make an appearance

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@superglo2012 

Looks like SWAT and Macgyver are pencilled in to be back from 26th July...unless Sky change their minds again...so hopefully not long until you can watch them.

Oh yes, can't wait until Sky get round to showing us final season Blindspot, been almost two years since season four and no doubt it will end in preposterously exciting fashion??????

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @superglo2012 

Hi Guys

Superglo

Thanks for the info about FBI season 2, another one of my favourites that Sky seems to be holding back on. I enjoyed Condor season 1 far more than I thought I would plus I'm surprised that season 2 is coming around so quickly.

Finally, somehow "Get Shorty" didn't do it for me, not sure why, but I just couldn't get into it.

Thom

Yeah, got my TV together, my Roku 3 had to be selected from a list but, after connecting the chromecast device, it popped in when I switched the TV back on.

So, no more sweating bullets just learning (as an old fogey) what this new beast can do.

Gonna try boxsetting (made that word upBlindspot, even though I've tried it before but I think I'm ready to give it another go.

Lata fellas

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

It's been a few years since my last major new TV purchase and it doesn't sound like easy plug-and-play set-up as it once was???

I would recommend a binge of Blindspot, a great idea for the first season that starts to get stretched very thin and probably did well to make five seasons, but I still like it and hope Sky Witness get the final season on soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was wondering if we can have pretty little liars back on because with lockdown I am in and I love watching this TV show please thank you for reading.